What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Should the Dogs be docked points?

Danish

Referee
No bottles hit and An official went to hospital this time, thats like saying someone was speeding on a road so you should charge them for murder. Both are bad but not the same action should be taken. Also some bottles were full today

also that + an unprovoked king hit = a loss of 2 points. The fans will get the message then.

Unprovoked king hit? Considering that the punch is not even confirmed yet you seem to know a lot about the details of it.

Throwing projectiles at referees should be the same punishment regardless. The intent is exactly the same. This isn't a criminal court here

Someone

Bench
id much rather see docked points for continuous or repeated 'dissent', which is what was showed by Graham and Klemmer towards the referees.

Would go a long way to seeing ugly scenes of players in refs faces yelling abuse which inturn angers fans and rises tempers.

I'm not saying Graham or Klemmers actions caused the actions of the fans because its hard to say if Graham and the dogs had shut their mouths and let the refs rule on the game the fans wouldn't have still reacted the same way.

But setting an example on the field towards the ref will go a long way to cutting this bullshit out of our game.

gronkathon

First Grade
Des insults refs > players insult refs > fans assault refs. Don't agree with "club shouldn't be punished" stance

cleary89

Coach
Reports Reynolds is out for 4 months. Tell me again how it was no way a penalty?

Just because it was accidental doesn't mean it wasn't foul play. I bet McClean didn't mean to make McKinnon a paraplegic.

lockyno1

Post Whore
I'm shocked....not.

Strip them of all points up until round 15. Make it so they can't make the finals. Hurt the fans who caused this disgrace. The one team I refuse to go and see at night- Bulldogs

Big Sam

First Grade
id much rather see docked points for continuous or repeated 'dissent', which is what was showed by Graham and Klemmer towards the referees.

Would go a long way to seeing ugly scenes of players in refs faces yelling abuse which inturn angers fans and rises tempers.

I'm not saying Graham or Klemmers actions caused the actions of the fans because its hard to say if Graham and the dogs had shut their mouths and let the refs rule on the game the fans wouldn't have still reacted the same way.

But setting an example on the field towards the ref will go a long way to cutting this bullshit out of our game.

Let's not forget Ennis dropping the f-bomb four times to Jason Robinson a few years back.

Dogs captains have form.

lockyno1

Post Whore
4 months that's Pretty much season over.

Graham should sit out the games Reynolds does.

Game_Breaker

Coach
Reports Reynolds is out for 4 months. Tell me again how it was no way a penalty?

Just because it was accidental doesn't mean it wasn't foul play. I bet McClean didn't mean to make McKinnon a paraplegic.

and BMoz pulled his hammy chasing down a kick before fulltime, who should've been penalised then? :roll:

Pugzley

That tackle was diving at the legs and for a moment thought that Reynolds might have twisted his leg badly. Correct penalty. We don't want kickers fracturing their legs while punting the ball.

Sphagnum

Coach
I don't think a club should be punished because a couple of their fans acted like dickheads. Tough call at the end but that's what the refs are there for. Anyone having a sook just needs to get the f**k over it.

cleary89

Coach
Did someone commit foul play on bmoz? Someone kick him in the hammy? Or is it just dogs players kicking people in the face and diving at the kickers legs?

seanoff

Juniors
Not the best reputation and now this.

They'll be lucky if the NRL dont take them to the cleaners. I suspect everything is on the table

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
NRL should force the Dogs to buy halves who have a clue in attack. How the Bunnies were even close enough for a penalty goal to be the difference in that game I'll never understand.

BranVan3000

Coach
That tackle was diving at the legs and for a moment thought that Reynolds might have twisted his leg badly. Correct penalty. We don't want kickers fracturing their legs while punting the ball.

Reynolds may be out up to five months... But all Dogs fans are worried about are two points :roll:

footy75

Bench
No way should the dogs be penalised.
The bottle throwers should be charged by police.

Also why all the uproar about the penalty?? Reynolds is out for 4 fkn months... Rules like this are designed to protect players.... Blame Graham not the refs.

ellskimore

Juniors
Not the best reputation and now this.

They'll be lucky if the NRL dont take them to the cleaners. I suspect everything is on the table

If the NRL are serious about this incident then they would move all of the Dogs home games to Alice Springs and do background checks on everyone who enters Traeger Park. It's the only way forward, without outright booting them from the comp. Which, I should add, is an option I also favour.

Someone

Bench
4 months that's Pretty much season over.

Graham should sit out the games Reynolds does.

that would be an awfully stupid precedent to set.

Mclean would be suspended for the rest of his life.

have another XXXX and come up with another mind boggling suggestion.