What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Should The Dragons Sign Madge As Coach?

gregstar

Referee
why jowls is suddenly seen as a supercoach is totally beyond me.

it's round f**king 12 ffs!

the gonad shouldn't even be considered unless we play in october & that is a long way away with lots of water still to flow.

furthermore i hardly detect the slightest murmur of another club wanting him so we certainly have until october to decide whether or not planet-head should be resigned.

Walpole

Juniors

the gonad shouldn't even be considered unless we play in october & that is a long way away with lots of water still to flow.

furthermore i hardly detect the slightest murmur of another club wanting him so we certainly have until october to decide whether or not planet-head should be resigned.
Geez, calm down. Who said Mary was a supercoach or that we had to re-sign him tomorrow? He's just begrudgingly preferred to Maguire who by no means is a supercoach either. Better the devil you know and all that.

An interesting stat, on topic...Souths 2015-17: 21-20 with Inglis on the field, 5-14 without him. Take Madge's best player off him and he's just as ordinary as everyone else, including Mary.

Anyway, Cameron McInnes would be the best placed to make an assessment and I don't think he posts here...

Gareth67

First Grade
I opt out of Madge and instead will gladly take his benefactors , Stomper Crowe and Money Bags Packer .:rabbit2:

mickeylane

Bench
Have I missed something here? McGregor is being re signed it's all too late !

Madge btw is a terrible man manager - players hate playing for him. I've said it before he's lost 4 top players in the past 2 years because he's a dick head..and he's about to lose 2 more in Walker and Johnston
Keary
Dylan Walker
Grevsmuhl
Mciness

saintsarealive1

Juniors
No way!

Why?

His coaching success over the past 2 years IS LESS than Marys.

He agreed to lose players like Walker, Ben Teo... and others to re-sign Sam Burgess for way overs.

Resulting in lack of depth and players jealous of others.

Little attacking flair.

Boring style.

Lack of care for his players.

With respect, go and look at last years competition table AND this years and tell me why we should.

nontime111

Juniors
NO, Look at us GO!! Mary is the man, and a new man at that, total opposite from the last year. I was his biggest critic but hes turned it ALL around, sweeping gutsy bold attack, very good defence, were only getting better under Mary now and he does bleed red and white so give him a go

saintsarealive1

Juniors

Geeze... give the guy some credit.

Seems when we go shithouse its Marys fault....and when we go well its because of the players.

Cant have it both ways.

possm

Coach
You do realise we're 5th on the ladder. Why focus more on next year than the current one.

Juniors will make the team when they're ready. Sele and Field have already made their debuts this season.
It's simple. McCrone is not a premiership winning halfback and Mary is hell bent on selecting him each week.

Nightingale is not a premiership winning fullback.

Dugan will not have the mind-set to bust his gut at fullback or center for the Dragons.

Mary does not have the coaching skills to out-wit the top coaches.

So why waste another season, test our candidates and if they fall short, buy some premiership winning replacements for Dugan, Packer and possibly Lafai, Mann and Milne.

I want the Dragons to:
Win every game each year.
Win the Grand Final each year.
Keep their good players when possible.
Buy great players when possible.
Sign the very best coach available.

Simon

Juniors
It's simple. McCrone is not a premiership winning halfback and Mary is hell bent on selecting him each week.

Dugan will not have the mind-set to bust his gut at fullback or center for the Dragons.

So why waste another season, test our candidates and if they fall short, buy some premiership winning replacements for Dugan, Packer and possibly Lafai, Mann and Milne.

I want the Dragons to:

Would you consider Sean Rudder a premiership winning 5/8th?

Would you consider Shane Perry a premiership winning half back?

As supporters whenever we have a chance of winning we need to believe. Hell even Leicester won the EPL.

We are 5th for a reason, cause we are a half decent team. Lets give this year a crack first and foremost.

I want the Dragons to:
Win the grand final EACH year? Except this year, right? By the sounds of your dribble at the top of your post, you have already given up on the Red V this year.

possm

Coach
Win the grand final EACH year? Except this year, right? By the sounds of your dribble at the top of your post, you have already given up on the Red V this year.
The team is 5th on the ladder because Mary's crazy game plan was thrown out the Window by the leadership group in the offseason. The Club gave up on this year by not recruiting a first grade halfback for 2017. If we win this year it would be a pleasant surprise to me.

We need to test the juniors Millward has 'ready for first grade' on his white board. To not test them and see if they can make a positive difference, would be an admission that Millward has it all wrong. That is:

If say Field or Dufty is selected at fullback, surely the expectation is that they would do a good job of it and bring some exciting attacking play to the team. Maybe at first their defence would be a little shaky but overall a positive move. How is this giving up on 2017.

In the same way, if Kerr and then Lawrie were selected in the prop rotation, we could have a better idea on their readiness for first grade - in the same way as we now have a good idea of Host and Sele's suitability.

No way!

Why?

His coaching success over the past 2 years IS LESS than Marys.

He agreed to lose players like Walker, Ben Teo... and others to re-sign Sam Burgess for way overs.

Resulting in lack of depth and players jealous of others.

Little attacking flair.

Boring style.

Lack of care for his players.

With respect, go and look at last years competition table AND this years and tell me why we should.
2 biggest Souths losses in my opinion
Walker - now kicking arse at Manly
Ben Teo - After Sam Burgess, this guy was huge for them and one of the reasons they won the comp.
Now playing international rugby for England.
You can't replace players like that which is directly reflected in the position on the table.

saintsarealive1

Juniors
2 biggest Souths losses in my opinion
Walker - now kicking arse at Manly
Ben Teo - After Sam Burgess, this guy was huge for them and one of the reasons they won the comp.
Now playing international rugby for England.
You can't replace players like that which is directly reflected in the position on the table.

100 % agree.
Tough work horses!

Latest posts