What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Should the Dragons Sign Payne Haas?

possm

Coach
Payn Haas's management are reportedly asking for 1m a season. Given that Sims on 800k and maybe other players such as Jack Bird may be off to another club. Should the Dragons opt to sign Haas.

A Su'A / Hass edge forward combo would be just what the Dragons need.

JohnnoMcJohnno

Juniors
He would be useless without
A. A halfback/captain who knows how to manage a game on the field, who can tell him what to do and where and when he should run, and who can rev him up when a big effort is needed.
B. A coach who can develop a game plan and strategies to best utilise his skill set, control his time spent on the field for best effect, and who can manage his workload to avoid long term injuries.

Without that you're wasting a million bucks.

possm

Coach
I suppose all the Dragons can do is offer Haas the money; 800k on cap and 200k on 3rd party sponsorship. If Sims is worth 800k and Hunt is worth around 1m, I am sure the Dragons can find 1m for Haas.

Let Bennett take Hunt, Bird, or Sims, we need Haas.

possm

Coach
All we can do is offer him the 1m. He can choose from there. I say offer now to give us time to make way for him. If he rejects that offer, so be it but like with many others before him, the Dragons will regret not signing him.

Dragon David

First Grade
Nicky baby will make sure some significant big forward is signed up for 2023 to replace Taukeiaho when he goes to Super League next year and also when Waerea-Hargreaves retires maybe the following year. They will have Cheese Smith at Hooker on big money and will pay good money for Haas I'd say (the amounts payable will be dependent on how big they can get paper bags from Woolies).

It is a no brainer with the Roosters. When their stocks need replenishing they get their man/men. They probably have their eyes on alert for a fullback to replace Teddy when he is ready to retire in 3-4 years time that's how far in advance they tend to work.

We on the other hand just twiddle and suck thumbs.

Latest posts