What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Should the Knights rest players?

Here's the list of players that need a run for mine,

O'Davis
Tahu
Quinn
MacDougall
Rudder
K Gidley
Abraham
Simpson
Perry (and run his arse around a block or two)

Consider resting the following

M Gidley
Kennedy
Buderus

Must rest:

Parsons!!! He's only got a couple of games in him, I reckon.

Alex28

Coach
worst case we finish 8th which would mean we play (most likely) penrith. We win next weekend - we most likely play Canberra?

We can beat Canberra - we went damn close in awful conditions. Penrith - i'm not so sure.

We should probably make sure of the win and have a go at Canberra in the Semi's.

misty

Juniors
Ben should be rested he went into todays game with injuries he needs to be fit if we are to have any chance at all.

it all depends we could go to 6th if the warriors loose and we win by a decent margin witch we could do playing the cowboys we have a diferentail of minus 11 and warriors plus 19 so lets just say they loose by 1 point that would take them down to plus 18 we would then need to win by 30 points to go into 6th place but then it does come down to if the warriors loose but that my opinion to

Anonymous

Juniors
next knights half said:
it all depends we could go to 6th if the warriors loose and we win by a decent margin witch we could do playing the cowboys we have a diferentail of minus 11 and warriors plus 19 so lets just say they loose by 1 point that would take them down to plus 18 we would then need to win by 30 points to go into 6th place but then it does come down to if the warriors loose but that my opinion to

THAT didnt answer the question.. Who cares if it is 6th or 8th place... WE NEED TO WIN EVERY GAME fom now until the grand final... so we cannot afford to rest players unless their injuries prevent them from playing.. End of story..

Just look what happened LAST time Hagan was stupid enough to rest poor Joey and Danny all just beacuse they played three or four more games this year than the rest of the players.. It bit Hages on the arse with that 50 PLUS scoreline to the West Tigers for chR&^$s sake.. THATS why we are NEGATIVE in for and against... which if Parramatta win and the Cowboys beat our team with rested players.. we dont make the 8!

NO NO NO is the obvious answer.. but we should ask GOD this one.. What do YOU think ANTNIO. you are the expert on all things Knights?

chinorocks

Juniors
I hope Canberra beats the Roosters on the weekend so we can play the raiders in the 2nd vs 7th match. Better still would be Warriors or Storm losing and us flogging the Cowboys and getting 6th but I don't seee that happening cause the Warriors are at home to the Tigers and the Storm are at home to Manly.

chinorocks

Juniors
sorry vigilante but it is IMPOSSIBLE for us to miss the 8. Except of course if we did a Bulldogs and got docked all our points

Big Tim

First Grade
NO!!!!!!!!!! You do not rest players one week out from a do or die finals game, we need all our players on the field with game time under their belts.

No offence but that is a stupid idea.

I'm not suggesting resting all, but there's no need to bust Parsons gut next week with the big matches coming up. He's on his last legs this year.

Buderus is also worth considering. He's being rested in each game the last month or so anyway.

Anyway, wait until Sunday afternoon. No need to decide tonight. Just wait on other results and of course the injury reports on the players in doubt. Hall looks to be gone so there's no need to lose more players to injury on the eve of the finals when there's not much to lose this weekend.

gnome

Juniors
I'd seriously consider resting Parso, BK, and Buderus. If the three of them are fresh and rested for an elimination final the following week it could make the difference between progressing or turning our toes up.

roopy

Referee
gnome said:
I'd seriously consider resting Parso, BK, and Buderus. If the three of them are fresh and rested for an elimination final the following week it could make the difference between progressing or turning our toes up.
I'd rest Matt Gidley, BK and Buderus, but Parso needs to work hard to maintain match fitness. I think the big guy is just starting to reach fitness, and he thrives on hard work.
I'd make the big guy play the full 80 next week. He would be much fitter for it, and he has shown over the years that he gets better the more game time he is getting. (I'm kidding about the 80 minutes)

Anonymous

Juniors
Big Tim2 said:
NO!!!!!!!!!! You do not rest players one week out from a do or die finals game, we need all our players on the field with game time under their belts.

No offence but that is a stupid idea.

I totally agree. I would consider resting players in the last 30mins of the Cowboys game if that was on the cards. I certainly wouldnt rest anyone unless it was required thru injury.

You dont wont to snap them out of playing 80 minute performances of the calibre that they dished up against StGeorge.

-GS.

Matt23

Staff member
Maybe rest BK, Bedsy & Parso, I suspect BK will want to play however.

Doctor

Bench
Coach Hagan said at the post-match press conference that BK was carrying several injuries that were causing him "pain". Quite clearly now is the time to rest BK - it's an easy game, we'll need him if we have any hope in the finals, and importantly he has proven that he can take months off and still come back as well as he finished.

Rests have never hurt BK - he seems to run on adrenalin and I think he'd be fairly pumped up for the final series even if he got a rest this week.

Parsons needs to run harder, that's his problem.

As for resting M.Gidley - now that Tahu is back they need to work on getting some communication/combination going again - Gidley looks like he just needs to keep in form.

Terminator

First Grade
Parso has to stay on the field for the rest of the year, his sheer size and power keeps the opposition forwards in check, an easy way for the Knights to score a try in the oppositions 10, is for Parso to hang back then sneak out to the opposition's centres and take the ball straight up, if he doesn't crash over he can easily get his arms free and offload.

Latest posts