What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Should the NBL help the Hawks?

Choppies

Coach
With the Hawks current financial woes should the NBL step in and help Wollongong get out of their current situation?

I'm of the opinion that they should seeing that apart from the fact that the Hawks are a foundation club they are in a market that the NBL cannot lose IMO.

Thoughts?

El Coconuto

Bench
As evidenced by current financial woes, they aren't in a great market down in Wollongong.

Adored? Definately. Marketable? Maybe. Profitable? Fat chance.

Personally though, I would like to see them stay in the league. They've got roots. The league needs a team with roots.

j0rd0_ShArKs

Juniors
NBL should help them out, I live in the area and they are adored although ticket sales are down due to losses, nobody likes a losing team

as a team there in a rebuilding phase, they had only 2 players from last years squad, Illawarra also has a good junior base

Stonecutter

First Grade
Although I played for shoalhaven, Illawarra definitely have the best group of juniors in all country NSW.

Losing all those players didn't help with crowd and local interest as well. I personally havn't been to a game since the glory days. They should've tried to advertise and get more from the local population whilst they still had all the household names.

Stonecutter

First Grade
On i98 FM, they said we've released that Puerto Rican guy we signed a couple of weeks ago. They said it was due to disharmony with the coaches and management.

Matt23

Staff member
The turnover rate of teams in the NBL is way too high, hopefully the Hawks can find some investors.

Latest posts