What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Should U15's return?

siv

First Grade
With all age groups stepping up into U21 U19 U17

Though its disappointing the history of the U21s that started in 1910 Presidents Cup) has been lost

Should we look for a return of the June long weekend U15s carnival for all Sydney and regional teams?

siv

First Grade
This would be more than a simple school knockout cup

It used to be 3 rounds then finals with the best players from your district

As it used to be , the first level of professional development pathway

I notice clubs are still playing development games U13, U14, U15, U16, U18

While Easts farm their CC reps off to the NSW Country division series

rightleftin

Juniors
With all age groups stepping up into U21 U19 U17

Though its disappointing the history of the U21s that started in 1910 Presidents Cup) has been lost

Should we look for a return of the June long weekend U15s carnival for all Sydney and regional teams?

Actually the Presidents Cup only became U21 in 1922. Between 1910 and 1921 the Junior Leagues selected their best combination ie no age limit. Age limits also did not apply to B and C Grades in local competitions - restrictions were based on weight.

siv

First Grade
Actually the Presidents Cup only became U21 in 1922. Between 1910 and 1921 the Junior Leagues selected their best combination ie no age limit. Age limits also did not apply to B and C Grades in local competitions - restrictions were based on weight.
In either case how should you represent the titles of the teams that won the premier layer of the juniors competition

It would be better that they play in their junior comps and when 16 they are able start playing rep footy i.e Harold Matthews which is still under 17's I assume.

They do have development squads such as under 13's/14's and 15's as i noticed Fittler's son's name (Zac) in an under 14's Roosters Development squad a few years back - Now in the Roosters Harold Matthews Squad for the 2022 season.

They play against other Sydney teams development squads of the same age group - 3 x 25 minute quarters during School Holiday periods which may not have been occuring the past year or so

Last edited:

Latest posts