What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Should We Bring Back The Draw

Should We Bring Back The Draw

• Yes

Votes: 93 88.6%
  • No

Votes: 12 11.4%

• Total voters

yobbo84

First Grade
Table Without Golden Point (at end of round 25)

1 Storm 38
2 Sharks 38
3 Raiders 36
4 Cowboys 33
5 Broncos 31
6 Panthers 31
7 Bulldogs 30
8 Titans 29
9 Tigers 27
10 Warriors 25
11 Dragons 21
12 Rabbitohs 20
13 Sea Eagles 20
14 Roosters 17
15 Eels 16
16 Knights 8

Not much change really. If there's been draws after 80, the Panthers would be 6th, with still a (very tiny) chance of getting 5th even with the Broncos winning in Round 26. The Titans would also have some chance of getting 7th from the Dogs, and the Cowboys would be safe as houses in 4th. Also the Tigers would have an impossible task of making 8th.
Titans would be on 27, Souths on 22, other than that you're correct.

langpark

First Grade
YES. I never agreed with golden point to begin with. For regular season matches, a draw is a perfectly fine result, like in every other sport.

King hit

Coach
The thing about Golden Point is more often than not it just becomes a field goal shootout. I don't think it's necessary for regular season games but Origins and finals yes despite it being a different version of extra time now. A draw would've been the most fitting result from that Broncos V Tigers game. I don't think either side deserved to win.

ed-grimley

Bench
The thing about Golden Point is more often than not it just becomes a field goal shootout. I don't think it's necessary for regular season games but Origins and finals yes despite it being a different version of extra time now. A draw would've been the most fitting result from that Broncos V Tigers game. I don't think either side deserved to win.
And only in Origin if it's 1-1 after the first two games.

Springs09

Juniors
Yes bring back the draw or at least make it a solid 10 minutes of extra time. No golden anything. It's always been a gimmick.

gunpk

Juniors
Get rid of it. What is wrong with a draw in a regular season game?
FIFA scrapped it after one tournament as it was shit but I don't know why NRL keeps using it.
Also, the standard of refereeing in the NRL is too low so the refs have too much influence.

Saxon

Bench
Golden Point turns games into a Golden Shower
Possibly not the best comparison. I don't know of any websites dedicated to videos of Golden Point, whereas I'm lead to believe there is quite a market for the other.

ed-grimley

Bench
Keep registering your vote folks - let's get rid of this blight on the game.
90% - Putin would be envious of such support.

SBD82

Coach
And only in Origin if it's 1-1 after the first two games.
You'd have to make it for all three. Otherwise you could have the series at 1 win and 1 draw, and the final game the other team gets a win in golden point. Which would be a drawn series.

ed-grimley

Bench
You'd have to make it for all three. Otherwise you could have the series at 1 win and 1 draw, and the final game the other team gets a win in golden point. Which would be a drawn series.
You could even have a drawn series after three games that were each draws after ET. The winner from the last year would simply havt keep the trophy.

Pommy

Coach
Without a doubt. A struggling team should be rewarded if they can match one of the top sides for 80 mins.

Latest posts