What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Should We Bring Back The Draw

Should We Bring Back The Draw

• Yes

Votes: 93 88.6%
  • No

Votes: 12 11.4%

• Total voters

blue bags

First Grade
4 points for a win, 2 points each for a draw
, 3 - 1 for golden point , any other ideas

4 points for a win, 2 points each for a draw
, 3 - 1 for golden point , any other ideas

Extra time 5 mins each way.

Goals/Field Goals count to score but don’t automatically win the game, extra time continues....

Golden Try rule applies, automatically wins game irrespective of score, game ends.

So a team can win in extra time either by scoring first “golden” try or by score after extra time (via goals / field goals). No score - stays a draw.

blue bags

First Grade
8 failed attempts of field goal, in golden point is very exciting rugby league NOT
REFS SHUT UP SHOP, different set of rules, it sucks
draw was good enough for over 100 years, bring the draw back

Lukemac

Juniors
Should be like football, 3 points a win, 1 point each for a draw.
Yes I know that 1 point each doesn’t add up to the maximum 3 points but IMO if you can’t WIN than you shouldn’t be able to gain that point.
I also like the idea of golden try and being able to kick penalty goals and field goals throughout extra time without winning automatically

Tweed Titan

Bench
I really don't understand how we ended up with golden point. The old system with proper xt in finals only was a very good system.

If they must keep golden point I think they should have 4 points for a win, 3 points for a win in golden point, 1 point for a loss in golden point, and 2 points for a draw after 90.
If you don’t put a draw in place this is by far the next best option. You have to give a team some reward for making it golden point.

Tweed Titan

Bench
Keep the way it is The golden point winner gets 1.5 points loser 0.5 points. If like today game scores are equal 1 point each. In regards to 1.5 and 0.5 points they add to 2 competition points, so no change. That 1.5 or 0.5 points reflect better towards what occurred that game day and so at the end those points will make a difference on the competition table.
You’re on the right track but;

I think it makes more sense if each game is worth 4 points not 2.

Regulation Time Win: 4 points
Golden Point Win: 3 points
Golden Point Loss: 1 point
Golden Point Draw: 2 points each
Regulation Time Loss: 0 points

I’d prefer no golden point at all but if you must have it make sure there’s some reward for both teams playing the extra 10 minutes.

blue bags

First Grade
You’re on the right track but;

I think it makes more sense if each game is worth 4 points not 2.

Regulation Time Win: 4 points
Golden Point Win: 3 points
Golden Point Loss: 1 point
Golden Point Draw: 2 points each
Regulation Time Loss: 0 points

I’d prefer no golden point at all but if you must have it make sure there’s some reward for both teams playing the extra 10 minutes.
very fair for both teams , but i would prefer a draw after 80 mins, game is over, in regular NRL games so each team gets 1 point

Would you like to see the draw brought back if scores are level after 80 (regular season games)?

Personally I'm over golden point and the style of play it produces. More importantly I don't believe it's fair that the losing teams misses out on the potentially vital point it has earnt. I would be happy if they went back to a draw and each team got a point
Have a golden try, i've always wanted a golden try.

Styles clash

Juniors
It's way too late for reverting to 80-minute draws to feel satisfying. A real come down from what we have now. Sorry old folks.

blue bags

First Grade
as if its to late, if a team cant win in 80 mins. so be it
what about players welfare, they are not robots
80 mins is enough, 90 mins, 100 min , NO
grab a point each, move onto next week content

as if its to late, if a team cant win in 80 mins. so be it
what about players welfare, they are not robots
80 mins is enough, 90 mins, 100 min , NO
grab a point each, move onto next week content
You're right, they're not robots, they're just pieces of meat. If you don't want to play extra time, make sure you win in 80.

Hank_Scorpio

Juniors
I'd prefer they allow a draw, its a reasonable conclusion to the game, 1 point each is a fair result.

If they keep golden point, eliminate drop goals from it and only allow tries and penalties as means of scoring. Would make for more attacking play than setting up for a drop goal 30m out from goal on repeat.

Latest posts