What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Should we have waited for Bellamy?

eel01s

Bench
Craig Bellamy is on the market for the 2014 season. He may even have taken the Warriors job if they were prepared to wait.

My question is: should Parra have stuck with Arthurs or another interim coach for 2013 and gone all out for Bellamy for 2014, or are you happy with securing Stuart from 2013?

oldmancraigy

Coach
Arthurs was crap. I'm glad we didn't stick with him!

Let's not forget he was our offensive coach all season long - and we finished with the 3rd worst attack in the comp. And we looked most dangerous after the other team had already given up.

I'm not a big Stuart fan, but at least the 'lads' will try under his regime.

strider

Post Whore
maybe they will appreciate just not being called "lads" anymore - who wants to be called "lad" anyway

oh and bellamey is just an angry merkin .... he would have to recruit and entirely different team that fit him which would take another 5 years

Tony Bongo

Bench
The way we go through coaches lately who knows......we still might go after Bellamy in 2014.
I hope this time round Ricky works out and sees out his contract. It's funny how many people commented on how it was good for the club financially to have home games at ANZ and how Parra Stadium were ripping us off charging $340k a year to play there yet look at how much we have paid to sack Ando, Kearney and Arthurs etc. There's a good chance that the figure is over $1million yet there is talk how paying an extra $800k over the next 5 years (Ricky's fee for one year) could threaten the financial viability of our club and we have to have games at ANZ to survive. :crazy:

huge gamble what if we took the punt and waited then bellamy went elsewhere we'd be stuck with arthurs waiting for the NEXT coach to come along we got the best coach available at the time which is what we should have done in 2010 instead of hiring one of the sponsors mates

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
I don't understand why people think coaches wouldn't want to coach the eels, yeah our results over the last few years have been crap and we can debate all day where our squad has potential or not, but for any coach we would be attractive because:

- huge junior base
- excellent facilities
- great financial resources
- we are happy to spend money if required
- the Coach can pretty much spend what ever they want to set up their coaching structure
- we have the Hayne plane

We are hardly a train wreak - just not getting good results in the nrl

i reason they wouldn't Joshuaeeel, the expectations put on the club from the fans, media and board and the media coverage we cop.

oldmancraigy

Coach
The way we go through coaches lately who knows......we still might go after Bellamy in 2014.
I hope this time round Ricky works out and sees out his contract. It's funny how many people commented on how it was good for the club financially to have home games at ANZ and how Parra Stadium were ripping us off charging $340k a year to play there yet look at how much we have paid to sack Ando, Kearney and Arthurs etc. There's a good chance that the figure is over $1million yet there is talk how paying an extra $800k over the next 5 years (Ricky's fee for one year) could threaten the financial viability of our club and we have to have games at ANZ to survive. :crazy:

I'm so lost

But do the fans win in what you're saying there?

Sphagnum

Coach
Waiting for a coach is never a good idea. You have to choose the best of what's available at the time. It's a bit like player signings where the danger in waiting is that the individual changes there mind and you're just left rueing all of the missed opportunities in the mean time.

Eelementary

Post Whore
maybe they will appreciate just not being called "lads" anymore - who wants to be called "lad" anyway

oh and bellamey is just an angry merkin .... he would have to recruit and entirely different team that fit him which would take another 5 years

So is Ricky Stuart, though...

carson

Juniors
I'm happy with Ricky.

Besides Bellamy maintains he didn't know his team were cheating for all those years...that either makes him an idiot or a liar...not great attributes for a coach that I would want associated with the mighty eels!!!

born an eel

Bench
with the way this club leaks we couldn't keep the over payments a secret that Bellamy requires to be paid to guarantee his success

Latest posts