What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

shut down

Mambo

Juniors
its a bloody joke. every individual is responsible for their own posts and have to post under their own membership number. how the club could be held accountable under those circumstances, i do not know. i think its just a poor excuse to stop us from venting our feelings about the running of the club. I wonder how long before 'legal advice' decides to shut down this forum?

P.J.

Juniors
I cant believe it. No one has said anything bad for quite some time.

Souths look worse and worse every day, they couldn't run a tap.

P.J.

Juniors
Does anyone know where all the Souths fans go when their members only forum is shutdown?

I cant find anyone.

Briza

Juniors
Is it shut down for good, or only because the season has finished ??? - either way, the idiots who are in charge sure are thin skinned :lol: :lol:

HBG

Juniors
P.J. said:

Or a Tapp couldn't run Souths? :? :? :?

Seano

Juniors
this is deadset disgraceful.

leaky your goorne.

HBG - check the rabbitoh warren thats prob where most will be

daRque

Juniors
P.J. said:

Sadly they do run a Tapp, but it's old, antiquated, rusty, blocked and just plain does not work.

CASSIE

Juniors
Northwest Rabbit said:
its a bloody joke. every individual is responsible for their own posts and have to post under their own membership number. how the club could be held accountable under those circumstances, i do not know. i think its just a poor excuse to stop us from venting our feelings about the running of the club. I wonder how long before 'legal advice' decides to shut down this forum?

I can see forums cleaning up their acts or closing down....anyone can take a site to court..just like a newspapers can be taken to court...

swoop

Juniors
Cassie, Why hasn't every other forum been closed down? According to some of the posts nothing defamatory was posted.

Redfern Express

Juniors
swoop said:
Cassie, Why hasn't every other forum been closed down? According to some of the posts nothing defamatory was posted.
Swoop Souths forum isn't the first one to be taken off line as they investigate legal issues. rleague.com has done a similiar thing about 3 weeks ago. That being said I think it sucks Souths Admin have been looking for an excuse to close the Forum for some time they can't seem to handle the fact that people aren't happy with the way things are going and don't want to face upto the fact.

The admin had the Forum they could have used it in a positive way and addressed some issues but have quiet simply failed to do so.

Redfern Express

Juniors
P.J. said:
Does anyone know where all the Souths fans go when their members only forum is shutdown?

I cant find anyone.
I'm here. As for everyone else??? Quite a few used to go to rleague.com but that was shutdown recently as well.

swoop

Juniors
Redfern Express said:
swoop said:
Swoop Souths forum isn't the first one to be taken off line as they investigate legal issues. rleague.com has done a similiar thing about 3 weeks ago. That being said I think it sucks Souths Admin have been looking for an excuse to close the Forum for some time they can't seem to handle the fact that people aren't happy with the way things are going and don't want to face upto the fact.

The admin had the Forum they could have used it in a positive way and addressed some issues but have quiet simply failed to do so.

That was the whole thing about Souths.com. You had to pay and be a financial member to post there. Why wasn't it policed and why weren't the negative or defamatory posts deleted.

I think the reason they shut it down was because posters were bagging Tapp and Langmack. I can only gauge that by what I read on this forum as I don't go into the official site! It's just a lame excuse to shut the fans up!

Eddie Root

Juniors
It's a disgraceful decision by a reactionary administration. It's impossible for the club to move forward when management are constantly looking over their shoulder.

Being a 'members only' forum the moderators had access to our membership numbers, our real names, contact details, everything.

If there were slanderous or defamatory posts then why not delete them?

If the posts continued then why not warn the person involved?

If they still continued then why not ban the poster involved?

Isn't that how most forums operate?

Or another crazy idea, why not address some of the concerns of the majority of Football Club members rather than just removing their avenue to raise these concerns?

Redfern Express

Juniors
I agree Eddie. It seems Souths Admin thought it would be easier to shutdown the forum rather than address the fans issues that were raised.

Real head in the sand stuff. If they can't hear fans concerns then there mustn't be any they appear to be saying.

CASSIE

Juniors
swoop said:
Redfern Express said:
swoop said:

That was the whole thing about Souths.com. You had to pay and be a financial member to post there. Why wasn't it policed and why weren't the negative or defamatory posts deleted.

I think the reason they shut it down was because posters were bagging Tapp and Langmack. I can only gauge that by what I read on this forum as I don't go into the official site! It's just a lame excuse to shut the fans up!

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

CASSIE

Juniors
Eddie Root said:
It's a disgraceful decision by a reactionary administration. It's impossible for the club to move forward when management are constantly looking over their shoulder.

Being a 'members only' forum the moderators had access to our membership numbers, our real names, contact details, everything.

If there were slanderous or defamatory posts then why not delete them?

If the posts continued then why not warn the person involved?

If they still continued then why not ban the poster involved?

Isn't that how most forums operate?

Or another crazy idea, why not address some of the concerns of the majority of Football Club members rather than just removing their avenue to raise these concerns?

Why air South business on a forum?...Go to the club...or the meetings... :?

Redfern Express

Juniors
swoop said:
swoop I suppose it's a case of how does someone decide wether a post is defamtory or not? Anyways my information is that Souths forum is gone forever and most other NRL clubs will follow suit in the near future.

Tugger

Juniors
Redfern Express said:
I agree Eddie. It seems Souths Admin thought it would be easier to shutdown the forum rather than address the fans issues that were raised.

Real head in the sand stuff. If they can't hear fans concerns then there mustn't be any they appear to be saying.

This is not the reason it was closed down.