What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sia Soliola and Buddy Gordon

K-Man

Bench
Rumours appearing in various articles about both these players leaving their respective clubs at the end of this season due to salary cap reasons etc.

It would be disappointing to not even hear that we have made approach to them, if it is in fact true.

I think with a full off-season Smith could have either of those running out next year as our best centre by a country mile. We need some flair out wide, these two have it.

Soliola is linked to the Sharks, how many players are they going to buy!

Matt23

Staff member
I'd say Soliola would'nt come cheap, not completly sold on Buddy Gordon either.

roopy

Referee
I reckon we have money - but i think we are in a position where we don't have holes in the roster now, so we can just sit back and wait for any brilliant buy in any position to come on the market

Yosh

Coach
Sia Soliola looks the goods, Buddy Gordon the Penrith guy? If he is the guy I am thinking about then no good...

Make a play for Sia I say I mean we have Lulia, Wes, Doogs as our first choice centres, we need new blood in that department. Midley is the only good centre we have had in the last 5 years I say... Maybe some kind of curse left behind by Carmont, we cannot attract a decent centre for the next 10 years...

cb4

First Grade
i think ricky bought the rossters book keeper with him, we seem to be getting alot of players rolling in
tell you what, we will take soliola, u can have simmo??

and buddy gordon is from souths, the guy from penrith is michael gordon n he is better than most of your backs except gidley

Martin Gleeson would be the player I would go for if he were available but he is on a motza in the UK and he is nearly 29. I know Joey has huge wraps on him as well. Super player.

MSKnight

Juniors
We need another Front Rower.

Technically all we have is:

Cross
Tolar
Royal
White
Fa'aoso
Wicks

And Simpson if you can call him one, a couple get injured and we are battling it.

As for a centre, I think we need to produce Sau. He seems to be the goods and I personally rate him better than Yileen Gordon.

Soliola maybe, but he would go the Cronulla first.

K-Man

Bench
I reckon we have money - but i think we are in a position where we don't have holes in the roster now, so we can just sit back and wait for any brilliant buy in any position to come on the market

I think we do still have holes in the roster to be honest, and the centres is the biggest of them.

Sau/Lulia/Naiqama/McManus are not premiership winning outside backs.

A player with Soliola's class out wide is more important to us than most clubs.

There have to be reasons why a club is ranked number 1 in metres gained but sits 11th on the table - to me it suggests a lack of ability to convert field position into points due to mediocre backs who don't create opportunities and line breaks.

Even the breaks and tries that guys like Vuna, Sau, Lulia, Wes etc have made this season have basically been due to brilliant work inside them and then simply catching the ball and running. You don't see these guys beat their man with footwork or cleverly set up their winger and I think it's costing us points every single match.

Gordon (the one from Souths I mean) has potential, but the difference between him and Lulia is that it is serious potential to be outstanding. At best Lulia might end up a reasonable defensive centre with a good fend.

Yosh

Coach
I think we do still have holes in the roster to be honest, and the centres is the biggest of them.

Sau/Lulia/Naiqama/McManus are not premiership winning outside backs.

A player with Soliola's class out wide is more important to us than most clubs.

There have to be reasons why a club is ranked number 1 in metres gained but sits 11th on the table - to me it suggests a lack of ability to convert field position into points due to mediocre backs who don't create opportunities and line breaks.

Even the breaks and tries that guys like Vuna, Sau, Lulia, Wes etc have made this season have basically been due to brilliant work inside them and then simply catching the ball and running. You don't see these guys beat their man with footwork or cleverly set up their winger and I think it's costing us points every single match.

Gordon (the one from Souths I mean) has potential, but the difference between him and Lulia is that it is serious potential to be outstanding. At best Lulia might end up a reasonable defensive centre with a good fend.

Totally agreed...

I still think if we had Uate on whichever side we would of scored close to 10 more tries this season... Let in a couple more as well but more exciting footy isnt it?

Luke Hatherley

Juniors
Soliola is prone to doing stupid things at times and his hands are as good as Mad Dogs. Surely there are better options. He has dropped a few times from the chooks line-up due to poor form.

bluesbreaker

Bench
Soliola always seemed to me like an awesome defender, average attacker. I keep saying this, but If we're throwing money at Rooters players, then the best bet is to get in the ear'ole of Sa, tell him we've got a nice contract waiting for him next year.

bluesbreaker

Bench
Ah sh*t, what a joke. all Knights recruitment should listen to me in the future. We'd still have the great Riley Brown! :)

shane1970

Juniors
We need another Front Rower.

Technically all we have is:

Cross
Tolar
Royal
White
Fa'aoso
Wicks

And Simpson if you can call him one, a couple get injured and we are battling it.

As for a centre, I think we need to produce Sau. He seems to be the goods and I personally rate him better than Yileen Gordon.

Soliola maybe, but he would go the Cronulla first.
Apparently the Cowboys have released big Ray Cashmere - Now there's a front rower we could use !!!!!!!!
Although I believe Ray re-signed with the Cowboys last year for a couple of seasons so I would suggest that a proviso of his release would be that he couldn't play for another NRL club - so I dare say that he's off to England.

otori

Juniors
Apparently the Cowboys have released big Ray Cashmere - Now there's a front rower we could use !!!!!!!!
Although I believe Ray re-signed with the Cowboys last year for a couple of seasons so I would suggest that a proviso of his release would be that he couldn't play for another NRL club - so I dare say that he's off to England.

Yeah he's off to England and they've just bought Manaokuofa (or however the hell you spell his bloody name) from Souths.

Just on that topic: Apparently Ben Vaeua, Sione Faimuina and another player ... I think Justin Smith will all be released but apart from Vaeua on small money I'd pass on the other two.

Latest posts