What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Siebs Must Go.

Travitoh

First Grade
Contracted for one more year, the dally m coach of the year has turned away all approaches from Souths to committ to the club beyond next year.

This effectively detracts from our proper planning beyond 2019 leaving us high and dry. Clubs like at least 2 or 3 years to plan as a minimum.

He says he loves the club etc etc and he’s very happy.

He’s reportedly on $250k which is beer money for an nrl coach

But and however, his refusal to re sign or divulge his long term plans is very worrying and doesn’t help us.

The thing is folks, he knows this.

He’s got to understand this club will not be mucked about witth

We should be chatting to super coach Bennett and putting some pressure on him. Fight back.

We shoot premiership winning coaches around here.

We will not be stood up at the altar.

Our beloved Richo, members, players and fans, we won’t stand for it.

I'm glad you're not running the show.
Bennett hasn't won anything for a decade and is a very short term option for a desperate club. There's a reason why Brisbane are so willing to move him on at this stage of his contract.
Swapping him for Seibold would be a downgrade. Seibs has stated all year that he'll negotiate at the end of the season and we're not even a week into the offseason now.
Keep calm and be patient.

Travitoh

First Grade
Bennett was an elite coach... 10 years ago. In 2019 i have my doubts that he is even in the top 5.

If Souths had won the premiership, Seibold would be entering negotiations as a premiership coach, increasing his value. It's in his best interests to hold off negotiations.
If he hasn't re-signed by NYE, then we start exploring a plan B.

Pilot house

Juniors
Bennett was an elite coach... 10 years ago. In 2019 i have my doubts that he is even in the top 5.

If Souths had won the premiership, Seibold would be entering negotiations as a premiership coach, increasing his value. It's in his best interests to hold off negotiations.
If he hasn't re-signed by NYE, then we start exploring a plan B.

Yes.

Last edited:

Travitoh

First Grade
Anthony Seibold is worth what it will cost to replace him and outside of Bellamy, Flanagan and Robinson, Seibold is arguably as good as any.

FWIW, I'd look at Neil Henry as a replacement if it came to it.

Pilot house

Juniors
It’s an interesting challenge, I just we should tentatively put the options closer towards the agenda, but maybe not first point of business.

Robbo is breathtaking.

But there’s still a pulse with the old maroon fox too.

Travitoh

First Grade
Nice try.

But it’s points based degrees improvement.

Seibs player improvement ratio 15 ( less if you factor in the gagsmeister)

Mary player improvement ratio @ 17 points.

Therefore the better coach.

If we count maquee v muffins, Mary is quite possibly, at this time, the much better coach.

Release seibs to Brisbane now, bring Mary over and next year, close or at 22.

Btw I’d certainly shortlist Henry too.

Even then, 100+ game coach Mary will only get 92/100 from Souths, 93.75/100 if we base the improvement on percentages. Hardly "much better" than 27 game coach Seibold and certainly not the 100/100 required to win a premiership.

Pilot house

Juniors
Even then, 100+ game coach Mary will only get 92/100 from Souths, 93.75/100 if we base the improvement on percentages. Hardly "much better" than 27 game coach Seibold and certainly not the 100/100 required to win a premiership.

Last edited:

Pilot house

Juniors
I am thinking of evident “ dark matter” or “chaos theory” explanations to disturb the errant figures. I might have to rate each player and every other coaching variable. Could take a few centuries on my Commodore 64.

A parallel cosmos.

The LRN where we have lost 21 premierships.

...Where Billy shoulder charged Feki- not what I saw on tv at the time. That would be mind blowing.

Other than that, well it means a lot to put on the red and green as coach. It’s the next rung under being an actual member of the squad.

Being a player though, that’s the Cats meow.

I’d rather play a single game for Souths and be flogged 60 zip than be an immortal. Seibs needs to embrace this enlightenment.

Last edited: