What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sign Gould to repair our Club

dragon thomo

Juniors
Phill Gould has recently made comments in regards to the Dragons current problems.
Now is the time to approach him to clean up the mess our club is in.
Our management are to full of themselves to make the approach Gould, so Phill please can you call our new boss and offer your service.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
images
images
th_u.jpg
th_l.jpg
th_d.jpg

possm

Coach
There needs to be a crisis before our Board will act. The players need to revolt and demand change. Once that happens our CEO should recommend the hiring of Gould to sort things out. Gould himself can coach initially while he puts in place a new coaching staff, new recruitment staff and recommendations for policies that deliver democratic elections of SGI Board members. Maybe the establishment of membership of SGI Football Club.

Gareth67

First Grade
Agree , as imo Gould is indeed the type of individual who would get the Dragons moving in the right direction, but of course there is only one person who has the clout within the J.V. to actually say yes to such a proposal and that is B.Gordon .

He is starting to come across a someone who doesn’t really care about the team or as he apparently resides in Bermuda , he just has no idea what has been going on . PICK UP THE BERMUDA TIMES for pity sake Bruce before the club is run into the ground .

Last edited:

TruSaint

Referee
Phill Gould has recently made comments in regards to the Dragons current problems.
Our management are to full of themselves to make the approach Gould, so Phill please can you call our new boss and offer your service.

So many threads understandably looking for alternatives, I get it.

However the constant calls for Gould are futile.

Firstly , as anyone who has followed Gould would see he demands a level of control that will NEVER be granted to him by our board. Secondly, we cannot afford his services full time.

The bloke makes so much money from his media commitments, recently a new slot on Maq Sports radio to add to his TV commitments, and other appearances.

For Gould to sacrifice even a portion of his profile $$$, to come to a Club that barely breaks even ? Wont and cant happen.

The alternative would be to offer him a consultancy role, whereby he contributes a few hours a week to the club and not interfere with his commitments. Lets be serious here, what would that achieve, as we have been down that path before with the internal review panel that produced zero, as whatever they say, as part timers, will not get through a board that has one purpose. Self survival.

Bench
He would want total control over everything, our place would him as a threat to their cushy jobs.
He has an ego big enough to accept a challenge. He will just remain a commentator with nothing to offer anymore. He lives on stuff he did 10 years ago.

Btk

Juniors
So many threads understandably looking for alternatives, I get it. However the constant calls for Gould are futile... "
I wouldn't completely dismiss the idea of Gould. It might not be financially advantageous for Gus, but he likes to think of himself as a student of the game - and this might be an ideal 'vanity project' for him to write himself into folklore by turning around the most famous club in the games history. Here's hoping.

TruSaint

Referee
I wouldn't completely dismiss the idea of Gould. It might not be financially advantageous for Gus, but he likes to think of himself as a student of the game - and this might be an ideal 'vanity project' for him to write himself into folklore by turning around the most famous club in the games history. Here's hoping.

His vanity project will be to head the NRL.
He is always aiming at that.

JUst my opinion. Not a mid tier club, with little to aim for.

Warabrook saint

Juniors
Agree , as imo Gould is indeed the type of individual who would get the Dragons moving in the right direction, but of course there is only one person who has the clout within the J.V. to actually say yes to such a proposal and that is B.Gordon .

He is starting to come across a someone who doesn’t really care about the team or constantly living in his residence in Bermuda and just has no idea what has been going on .
Loves his old mates club......amateur behavior

Lovemedragons

Juniors
So many threads understandably looking for alternatives, I get it.

However the constant calls for Gould are futile.

Firstly , as anyone who has followed Gould would see he demands a level of control that will NEVER be granted to him by our board. Secondly, we cannot afford his services full time.

The bloke makes so much money from his media commitments, recently a new slot on Maq Sports radio to add to his TV commitments, and other appearances.

For Gould to sacrifice even a portion of his profile $$$, to come to a Club that barely breaks even ? Wont and cant happen.

The alternative would be to offer him a consultancy role, whereby he contributes a few hours a week to the club and not interfere with his commitments. Lets be serious here, what would that achieve, as we have been down that path before with the internal review panel that produced zero, as whatever they say, as part timers, will not get through a board that has one purpose. Self survival.
But you are presuming money is his only motivation, hell he has plenty already, perhaps he is addicted to football and needs to be closer to the action and sees the Dragons as a real opportunity to boost his status. He has been commenting a lot in the past month about us, perhaps he thinks he can solve our problems. I believe if in the unlikely event he did come on board this forum would get very excited.

Coffs dragon

Bench
A conflict of interest as he's signed to channel 9 & would have to give that away to be aligned with the opposition of WIN as a JV partner. In other words it can't & won't happen! Next....

Gareth67

First Grade
Loves his old mates club......amateur behavior

Yes mate , it is just that . You know I was silly enough to believe that he would be our version of the Roosters Nick Politis ? I actually thought that he had the best of intentions for the Joint Venture and the Dragon team in mind when he paid for his percentage of the club . Geeze how bluudy wrong was I , plenty on this forum warned us what would happen, but I didn’t believe that would be the case - wrong again.

I just would like to see some light at the end of this tunnel, as it is becoming longer and darker as each season goes by .

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade

It doesn’t hurt to dream but Gould isn’t coming.

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade

He is starting to come across a someone who doesn’t really care about the team or as he apparently resides in Bermuda , he just has no idea what has been going on . PICK UP THE BERMUDA TIMES for pity sake Bruce before the club is run into the ground .

Starting?