What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Significant announcement this afternoon

TooheysNew

Coach
Just got a media release from the club saying there was going to be a major announcement this afternoon. Any ideas?

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
ooohhh can we speculate?

Bennett has changed his mind and is retiring.....
Greg Bird has been signed.....
Kurt Gidley is being released........
Darius Boyd named club captain........

Elephant Hunter

Juniors
When the Knights send out these notices of announcements they are usually things that the press would not cover otherwise. So I expect TSG to set up a scholarship for Hunter school kids OR a new shorts sponsorship

Johns Magic

Referee
It will be Buderus I'm guessing, but I'm hoping it's something else because it's gotten to the stage where I consider Bedsy a done-deal anyway.

Regardless, Buderus would be great news.

Johns Magic

Referee
When the Knights send out these notices of announcements they are usually things that the press would not cover otherwise. So I expect TSG to set up a scholarship for Hunter school kids OR a new shorts sponsorship

I've got the feeling that for a lot of the big signings we have made, like Boyd and Snowden, the club has sort of tried to release the news with as little fanfare as possible to hose-down the hysteria and impression we are buying a premiership with Tinkler's money. All we had for Boyd and Snowden was a small excerpt on the club website announcing it, rather than press conferences and the like which you may expect for signing current internationals.

I think as a Knights icon who was only ever a Knight and is coming back for a swansong as a feel-good story, Bedsy may be treated a little differently and trumpeted as a home-town hero.

Obviously I'm just speculating, but I agree with you that we have been avoiding publicity for the major signings we have made.

Haffa

Exciting. Beats press conferences for Drug charges, and stadium arguments every day of the week.

Silent Knight

First Grade
ooohhh can we speculate?

Bennett has changed his mind and is retiring.....
Greg Bird has been signed.....
Kurt Gidley is being released........
Darius Boyd named club captain........

Please don't say those things. I already have a cold and now you're making me nauseous.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
I thought stone already agreed to stick around, I take it, it was not official.

Still speculating
Tinkler has sold the Knights to Kerry Stokes............
Matt Hilder got angry......
McDougall has dumped his thighs and now talks and slaps his feet......
Mullen has decided he is rightie not a leftie.........

billy2

Juniors
Stone's new job will be something to do with working with the local league to develop players.

Rod

Bench
Hopefully: Bird or Buderus

Probably: Anything else. Stone staying would be quite good actually.

Silent Knight

First Grade
Stone's new job will be something to do with working with the local league to develop players.

24805BP.jpg

sneaky_is_here

Juniors
I thought stone already agreed to stick around, I take it, it was not official.

Still speculating
Tinkler has sold the Knights to Kerry Stokes............
Matt Hilder got angry......
McDougall has dumped his thighs and now talks and slaps his feet......
Mullen has decided he is rightie not a leftie.........

Get on the pi*s with him and then tell him to go home if you wanna see that.

Serc

First Grade
Yep it's Stone - just got the members email then

Will post up when it appears on the Knights website.