What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Signing News

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
Keep our powder dry unless its a current international who is at the top of their game.

Mcinness. Vaughan. Lafai.

All came to us as a result of market movements either late in the year or the off season.

We obviuosly have a sheet load of space. We can pick the eyes out of it when (it will) occurs again.

If not, forward load contracts with the cash and be in an even better position this time next year.

possm

Coach
Keep our powder dry unless its a current international who is at the top of their game.

Mcinness. Vaughan. Lafai.

All came to us as a result of market movements either late in the year or the off season.

We obviuosly have a sheet load of space. We can pick the eyes out of it when (it will) occurs again.

If not, forward load contracts with the cash and be in an even better position this time next year.

We need to consider how much Millward spent on upgrades before we get carried away. The only reason we may be short on cap is if Millward paid overs in order to retain first graders and upgrade juniors.

So maybe it all came easy because recruitment/pathways paid overs.

blacksafake

First Grade
Heard today that Souths expect Johnstone to sign with either the tigers or us. They are also trying to offload Aaron Gray to us because they are throwing the kitchen sink at Maloney & have told GI they will release him when they can find a suitable replacement.

Gareth67

First Grade
Aaron bluudy Gray ? Isn't that the poor bloke that has a glass head ? Gets helped from the field just about every time he takes a heavy knock , not quite in the same class of player that our big Russ is .

And Greg Ingles , well I can only quote a phrase from one of the world's most knowledgeable leaders - Donald Trump - his knees are " bad , very bad " .
Besides , I just cannot forgive him for the way that he knocked our poor 'ole Dean Young into the next decade , a few years ago .

Last edited:

mobels

Juniors
Aaron bluudy Gray ? Isn't that the poor bloke that has a glass head ? Gets helped from the field just about every time he takes a heavy knock , not quite in the same class of player that our big Russ is .

And Greg Ingles , well I can only quote a phrase from one of the world's most knowledgeable leaders - Donald Trump - his knees are " bad , very bad " .
Besides , I just cannot forgive him for the way that he knocked our poor 'ole Dean Young into the next decade , a few years ago .
Gray's a winger and he's off to the Sharks.

It's seemingly more and more likely Johnston's coming to us, just praying that the plan isn't for him to play Fullback and that we've signed him on a relatively cheap contract.

hazzbeen

Bench
Agree with this - would much rather one of our juniors given first crack.

Maybe we would be signing him as a winger/centre? I really hope it's not as fullback.

If we do sign Johnston I think it'd signal the end of Mann/Milne
This is where our club loose it . Mann was tried for 2 games when he came to us . OK it wasn't his best games , but hasn't been put there again . IMO I am sure he can do well there . GIVE HIM A FAIR GO .

Latest posts