What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Signings and Depatures

Davester

Juniors
If you fellow supporters don't mind, would you be able to post in this thread our signings and depatures for the 2005 season. I guess it would save people having to search threads to find out who's going to be leaving our club and whose going to play for us next season. So yeah would be good to put any updates in here too. This thread should be made sticky.

Paul Whatuira (Penrith Panthers) signed for 3 years.

I don't know how long the others are signed for though...

innsaneink

Referee
Sattler=retired
Senter=retired
Moodie=retired
Covell=Sharks

Meredith<Souths 2 years?
Nicky K<Canberra 2 years?
Tim McGann= 2 years
Jarodd Saffy=????

Mears?
Heighno?

Once Dead

Bench
Best bet is to trawl to the hundreds of posts about signings etc.....and dude, not everything is personal - people just see hundreds of topics that are the same and get sick of them after a while, its nothing personal

Davester

Juniors
daslacker said:
davester here is a pretty good website on player movement
http://splunge.2.forumer.com/index.php?showtopic=5

Thanks.

Gains:
Paul Whatuira (Penrith)
Luke Branighan (Cabramatta JB Cup)
George Gatis (Cowboys)
Nick Kouparitsas (Raiders) Mark Meredith (Souths)
Kosta Kouparitsas (Raiders)
- What are these guys like?
Tim McGann (Rugby Union)
Jarrod Saffy (Rugby Union)

Rumoured gains:
Craig Stapleton (Eels)
Nick Youngquest (Dragons)
Steve Turner (Melbourne) - What's happening with this guy? we still after him?

Losses: Luke Covell (Cronulla)
Drew Dalton (Collegians)
Wes Hallem Mann (Collegians)
Brad Davis (released Magpies)
Scott Sattler (retired)
Ken McGuinness (retired)
Luke Duffy (retired)
Todd Barrow (Orange Hawks)
Darren Senter (retired)
Jason Moodie (retired)

Rumoured losses:
Keiran Kerr
Mark Fakahua (Eels)

Re-signed: John Skandalis
Dene Halatau
Bronson Harrison
Liam Fulton
Jeff Lima

Off contract:
Chris Heighnington
Luke Isakka
Luke Branighan
Michael Buettner - retiring too?
Gray Viane,
Robert Miles - is he going to be re-signed?
Robert Mears - same with him...
Keiran Kerr
Mark Fakahua

innsaneink

Referee
Davester said:
innsaneink said:
Who cares?

:? ...what I do? unless there's some good reason you got something against me...I don't understand.

Dave...........

Believe me......I have nothing against you......you are a name on my computer screen. :lol:

Luke covell has gone to the sharks...hes finished , kaput, goneskis, history....thats looking backwards thats all.

Unless your hoping he'll come back? I dont see what difference how long he's gone for makes.

Juniors
Davester said:
what are these guys like?
Luke Branighan (Cabramatta JB Cup)- Was signed mid-season to help Balmain premier league in the halves. He was going to the next big thing when he was 18. Has had alot of injuries. He is off contract at the end of this season. I haven't seen much of him in premier league but have heard he is inconsistent.
George Gatis (Cowboys)- Same as Branighan signed mid-season by Magpies. Former Cowboy. Don't know much about him aside a five-eight/hooker
Nick Kouparitsas (Raiders)- five eight/lock from successful Canberra premier league. Has some wraps on him and Sheens sees him as a possible replacement for Sattler.
Mark Meredith (Souths)- Missed all of this season after a knee injury in a trial match. Has a lot of potential. A front rower who is 185cm and 107kg. Can't wait to see him play. Looked good for Souths last season.
Kosta Kouparitsas (Raiders)- Nick's younger brother. I think his only about 17?

Steve Turner (Melbourne)- What's happening with this guy? we still after him?

Well I am guessing with all the talk of Jamie Lyon coming all talk with other players were put on hold. Magpiemax probably knows more

Juniors
daslacker said:
Atm I want to know how much we have left room under the cap and how much we
have to spend

I think we are about $200,000 under budget for next season.

You Igits

Juniors
Low on good gains so far......low on bad losses......a fantastic 5 re-signings......a few we should re-sign soon i hope (heigh and miles)......and a couple of rumoured signings that we could use (esp. youngquest).

All in an I think we have gone about things well. The re-signing of players was the key to next year. Skando, Halatau and Harrison being the 3 more important than most.

B_Tiger

Juniors
fakahua could prove a valuable resigning if we keep him. He is a terrible defender but has the dene halatau approach to taking a hitup and is very effective. If he learns to tackle he'd be a quality first grader. In any case, I'd like to see him retained (if only for Balmain's sake).

Davester

Juniors
innsaneink said:
Davester said:
innsaneink said:
Who cares?

:? ...what I do? unless there's some good reason you got something against me...I don't understand.

Dave...........

Believe me......I have nothing against you......you are a name on my computer screen. :lol:

Luke covell has gone to the sharks...hes finished , kaput, goneskis, history....thats looking backwards thats all.

Unless your hoping he'll come back? I dont see what difference how long he's gone for makes.

I know I know. It's all good! ...I don't think I'd dislike you here or in person. Anyway...nah just wondering how long he's been signed for, that's all.

uuem

Juniors
Whats the go with Gravy ? Last year he really looked the goods , has he not recovered from the broken arm .
Is the club no longer interested ?

Juniors
uncle chop chop said:
I think we are about $200,000 under budget for next season

how the f**k can we be this much under the cap for our poo side and bulldogs rooters and co be under

its not fair :evil: f***en nrl

I think we actually have more then $200,000 under the salary cap. But the club can't afford to spend the full 3.5 million. Thats the main reason they are looking to play matches at Telstra Stadium next season. The club can afford about another $200,000 on players next year. I have no idea how much under the salary cap we will be next season