What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Signings for 2020 and future looking team

Wittenberg

Juniors
Question time:
For season 2020, who are your top 26 players in our current squad from the top 30? (You can add in Luke and include or not include JDB, its up to you). Remember players like Aitken, Lafai etc are still part of our current squad.
And they will be part of our 2020 squad. Aitken, Lafai and Dufty going nowhere.

watatank

Coach
Yeah its a hard call atm, but, looking the current squad (from 2019) excluding those we know are already confirmed as leaving and a few others.

Hunt, Norman, Aitken, Pearson, Periera, Dufty, Ravalawa, Lafai, Lomax, Lawrie, McInnes, JDB, Host, Graham, Kerr, K. Sims, T. Sims, Leilua, Vaughan, Frizell Luke, Sailor, Allgood
Thats 23: (Need 3 more or 4 depending on JDB case).

I've left out: Nichols, Field, Timm, Kaufusi and Maranta.

I think positions 27 - 30 will be filled by:
Saab, Ford, Lovodua
Thats 3 (need 1 more maybe Clune?)

Positions 27 - 30 are salary restricted under the salary cap (90k for 2020 I believe)

Better to look at who is actually under contract and work from there

Blacker, Ford are in the top 30 next year.

One would think that saab will be top 30 but would need to be promoted.

Sailor and Kerr seem likely to sign but currently off contract.

Not sure about allgood

George Dragon

Juniors
Better to look at who is actually under contract and work from there

Blacker, Ford are in the top 30 next year.

One would think that saab will be top 30 but would need to be promoted.

Sailor and Kerr seem likely to sign but currently off contract.

Not sure about allgood
19 on the books
Add Sailor and Kerr that's 21
If 3 DPs get upgrades that's 24.
That's leaves one signing needed before Nov 1. (Luke maybe)
We will probably leave one spot open till June 30 so only 4 more signings.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
19 on the books
Add Sailor and Kerr that's 21
If 3 DPs get upgrades that's 24.
That's leaves one signing needed before Nov 1. (Luke maybe)
We will probably leave one spot open till June 30 so only 4 more signings.

I believe Field is gone and Nicholls, are you hearing the same thing? If so, then surely Clune would get 1 of the remaining spots as the halves back-up?
I also, don't think Blacker will be upgraded and will remain in the DS for 1 more year but I could be wrong.

George Dragon

Juniors
I believe Field is gone and Nicholls, are you hearing the same thing? If so, then surely Clune would get 1 of the remaining spots as the halves back-up?
I also, don't think Blacker will be upgraded and will remain in the DS for 1 more year but I could be wrong.
Yeah Field and Nicholls gone.
Clune has not been offered a contract atm but definitely need to sign a backup.
I agree with the Blacker thoughts but you never know what the club will do.

qld redvee

Juniors
Yeah Field and Nicholls gone.
Clune has not been offered a contract atm but definitely need to sign a backup.
I agree with the Blacker thoughts but you never know what the club will do.
George
Clune would be a nice cheap back , whats with Lovodua are we keeping or moving him on as I think he has potential . Any young centres that can progress into CC for us ??

George Dragon

Juniors
George
Clune would be a nice cheap back , whats with Lovodua are we keeping or moving him on as I think he has potential . Any young centres that can progress into CC for us ??
I'm not sure what is happening with Joey, another one the club has not set on a path. 3 years ago he was the Flegg half, then hooker and now mainly backrower.
He will be around 100kg next season with some skill and speed. Would make a good bench utility or ball playing back rower.
Sauni-Esau should get one centre spot.
I rate him better than Marsters, will be keen to see how he progress.

BLM01

First Grade
So does everyone get the idea that we will have a poor squad?
I wake up each morning with hope that I see or hear evidence that things are on the improve and magically we will end up with a real good roster, depth and football department soon on the horizon...aka The top 4 or 5 of 2019
Then I realise that waking up and hoping moment was also just a dream

Flanno is the only piece of news I like or agree with apart from maybe Gus overseer
Even some of our deadwood being named in our departure lounge is good news but unfortunately that too is a revolving door.

Dragon Revival

Juniors
Future Looking Team
Ramsey
Saab
Lomax
Schiller
Sailor
Norman
Hunt
T.Sims
Frizell
Ford
Graham
Mc Innes
Vaughan
Bench
'Leilua
Host
Kerr
K. Sims
Reserves
Gale
Blacker
Dufty
Pereira
Sauni-Esau
Mc Cann
Clune
Lovodua

Dragonsamy

Bench
After hearing how the management and coaching team are all working 15 hour days I'm looking forward to the announcement in the near future of a potential premiership winning squad and coaching team that will lead us to glory in 2020. By the way did anyone else hear the rumour that Millward was spotted in Fiji last week??

He is in England as well

nontime111

Juniors
So does everyone get the idea that we will have a poor squad?
sadly yes, I cant see us being anything at al until the superbly talented bunch of kids step up in a year or two, hopefully, sorry young fellas, no pressure or anything but the future of our very club lies in you...

but we have faith! GO DRAGONS!!

Dorsai

Juniors
Apart from Kerr re-signing we still have zero confirmed signings. With training starting in the not too distant future, it’s looking bleak.
The Flannagan rumour looks like a goer but frankly we need a backline to go with lomax. Hell I’d even pop Sergis in to partner him in the centres. It would be a better lineup than we currently have.
If they could loose 1-5 except for lomax and get some speed and defence, we would have a chance at 2020 even with McIdiot still there.

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
Apart from Kerr re-signing we still have zero confirmed signings. With training starting in the not too distant future, it’s looking bleak.
The Flannagan rumour looks like a goer but frankly we need a backline to go with lomax. Hell I’d even pop Sergis in to partner him in the centres. It would be a better lineup than we currently have.
If they could loose 1-5 except for lomax and get some speed and defence, we would have a chance at 2020 even with McIdiot still there.

“Looking”?

Sadly, Saints are the distinct favourite for next year’s wooden spoon.

Latest posts