What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sika Manu

Bring back choc

Juniors
Thoughts on him to replace beau Scott??

I can't see either of the Stewart's coming to saints.

Manu has the mongrel aggression, big, strong and fast. Has the winning culture after being at storm for last few years. I think he'd fit In well for us.

Thoughts??

No doubt the tigers will be after him to replace Ellis. I would think sika will be pretty hot property.

Minh

First Grade
I can't see Manu leaving the Storm I think they would be desperate to keep him they've already lost Blair. I don't think we can get him unless we pay massive overs like the Tigers did for Blair.

We still have Hunt, Weyman, Merrin, Prior, Young(maybe), Creagh, De belin, Latimore, Ah Mau and Miller. Still pretty good depth even without Scott.

Something like this:

8. Hunt
10. Weyman
11. Prior
12. Creagh
13. Young
14. Merrin
15. De Belin
16. Latimore

Still very strong with young De Belin showing signs of being a very good player. If/when Young retires I think we need to then make a marquee signing in the forwards.

We don't need him.

Learn a lesson from the Blair signing by the Tigers.

There are not many examples of players leaving the Storm and succeeding at another club.

Breathingfire

Juniors
To be honest I really think we need another front rower. Although Latimore has done a good job, throwing another top class front rower in the mix would be devastating for opposition teams. Weyman can struggle at times and only plays short stints. Hunt is a little too light on against the big packs. Merrin is great. Throw another big bopper in there and I think we'd dominate more often up the middle. The common thread in all our losses over the last 3 years IMO is our front row. We have great depth in the back row and De Belin is a more than capable replacement for Beau Scott. Some more size in the guts would go a long way to helping our quest for another premiership. I think its one of the reasons why we always struggle against Canberra. They are huge. We need size!!! Maybe....I dunno I could be wrong...

Breathingfire

Juniors
If not a front rower then a back rower who uses the ball. Be it offloads or short balls before the line. Something to keep the opposition guessing. We don't need another work horse in the back row. Between De Belin and Prior we already have that. We need an attacking threat.

st.phil

Bench
I t will be hard to attract a top line prop as it's nigh on impossible to get in the side w Weyman, Merrin, Hunt already here - add latimore, au mau, miller, gower and the U20's young-gun (mckinnon?) we are pretty well off in that area in my opinion. I would like to see a different style of backrower in the mix - Ben Teo would be great and he has the same manager as Beale...perhaps we could get both!

Breathingfire

Juniors
I t will be hard to attract a top line prop as it's nigh on impossible to get in the side w Weyman, Merrin, Hunt already here - add latimore, au mau, miller, gower and the U20's young-gun (mckinnon?) we are pretty well off in that area in my opinion. I would like to see a different style of backrower in the mix - Ben Teo would be great and he has the same manager as Beale...perhaps we could get both!

Yeah I thought about Ben Teo, he would be great. But I disagree that it would be too hard to get into the side. Weyman is the only guaranteed starter you mentioned. Hunt could quite easily drop back to the bench with Merrin. They all play short minutes too. Latimore, Au Mau, Miller and Gower are not breaking the bank and are depth signings IMO. But like I said I could be wrong. Its tough to know what we need on the back of a great win! :lol:

Bring back choc

Juniors
Teo is another i would definitely take. Rate him pretty hightly.

I dont think we need another top line prop. The 4th prop just needs to be a hard worker...in the latimore, Jon green mould.

We need to "replace" scott. De belin is already in the team. He's not a replacement. If we want to keep the strength of the side we have now, when Scott leaves we need someone new to come in.
Young is also finishing up soon... so take scott and young away the depth starts to get stretched.

TEO, MANU, G.STWEART would all be good IMO.

Im also a big fan of LEWIS BROWN. Gees he's be good for us. Not too $$$, bloody tough. In fact i would be very happy with him.

Teo is another i would definitely take. Rate him pretty hightly.

I dont think we need another top line prop. The 4th prop just needs to be a hard worker...in the latimore, Jon green mould.

We need to "replace" scott. De belin is already in the team. He's not a replacement. If we want to keep the strength of the side we have now, when Scott leaves we need someone new to come in.
Young is also finishing up soon... so take scott and young away the depth starts to get stretched.

TEO, MANU, G.STWEART would all be good IMO.

Im also a big fan of LEWIS BROWN. Gees he's be good for us. Not too $$$, bloody tough. In fact i would be very happy with him.

I agree with all bar Manu, would be good signings but the sad thing is we won't end up getting them.

possm

Coach
Sign Mason for two years and start him in the Cutters. If he does well bring him onto the bench and upgrade his contract next year. If he fails, then no great loss. Right now, unlike many clubs, Saints have spare cap. Mason will come cheap as chips right now.

Breathingfire

Juniors
Sign Mason for two years and start him in the Cutters. If he does well bring him onto the bench and upgrade his contract next year. If he fails, then no great loss. Right now, unlike many clubs, Saints have spare cap. Mason will come cheap as chips right now.

I never want to see that fat lump of useless shit in the Red V. It would be a disgrace. He is poisonous.

saint06

Juniors
I'm with GKD.

Te'o is lazy. Only wants to touch the ball when youare in the opposition 40m line. Besides that doesn't want to carry the ball out of your own 20m.

Manu isn't the right palyer either - he's close to what we need, but he's a little injury prone.

We need an enforcer - we've lost Smith, Costigan and Scott. We need someone that can put a hit on the opposition, get under their skin, be aggressive with the ball. I thin Darcy Lussick would be good.

We need someone to step up to fill the void that Scott will leave us with.