What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sika Manu

TheRev

First Grade
Interesting SMH article on Sonny Bill Williams today:

According to a report in Rugby League Week, the All Black wants about $800,000a year to return to league from rugby union, will only accept a one-season deal and must be free to continue his professional boxing career in league's off-season.

An un-named coach is reported to have said that Williams' agent Khoder Nasser "told us the only way Sonny Bill would come back to the NRL was if he got a promise that he would be getting the most money of anyone in the game.

"That was one of a host of conditions he set down. It was about at that stage that we lost interest."

Would be a killer 1 year for 1 club with some spare cash, but seems likes his return is for all the wrong reasons.. and his head is focussed on boxing.

Sign Mason for two years and start him in the Cutters. If he does well bring him onto the bench and upgrade his contract next year. If he fails, then no great loss. Right now, unlike many clubs, Saints have spare cap. Mason will come cheap as chips right now.

There's a reason for that.
He's a dickhead.
And I think we have a no-dickhead policy.

Godz Illa

Coach
I'd be making enquiries into Anthony Tupou. Cronulla must be near certainties to offload him at the end of this year. Given his career of late, he may come at a decent cost. Under the right coach he could add value to the team, moreso as a bench player

Interesting SMH article on Sonny Bill Williams today:

Would be a killer 1 year for 1 club with some spare cash, but seems likes his return is for all the wrong reasons.. and his head is focused on boxing.

His head is also focused on $$$$.
How could you trust anyone that would walk out on a contract like he did?

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
Sign Mason for two years and start him in the Cutters. If he does well bring him onto the bench and upgrade his contract next year. If he fails, then no great loss. Right now, unlike many clubs, Saints have spare cap. Mason will come cheap as chips right now.

:lol::lol:

f**k me poss. The bloke is finished. He is a club killer. Everyone knows it.

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
I'd be making enquiries into Anthony Tupou. Cronulla must be near certainties to offload him at the end of this year. Given his career of late, he may come at a decent cost. Under the right coach he could add value to the team, moreso as a bench player

That certainly has merit.

Bring back choc

Juniors
I'm with GKD.

Te'o is lazy. Only wants to touch the ball when youare in the opposition 40m line. Besides that doesn't want to carry the ball out of your own 20m.

Manu isn't the right palyer either - he's close to what we need, but he's a little injury prone.

We need an enforcer - we've lost Smith, Costigan and Scott. We need someone that can put a hit on the opposition, get under their skin, be aggressive with the ball. I thin Darcy Lussick would be good.

We need someone to step up to fill the void that Scott will leave us with.

Gees....OK then. I guess the storm and broncos have NFI.

Both those players would easily be in our top 17. Fact.

Reyter

Juniors
I can't see Manu leaving the Storm I think they would be desperate to keep him they've already lost Blair. I don't think we can get him unless we pay massive overs like the Tigers did for Blair.

We still have Hunt, Weyman, Merrin, Prior, Young(maybe), Creagh, De belin, Latimore, Ah Mau and Miller. Still pretty good depth even without Scott.

Something like this:

8. Hunt
10. Weyman
11. Prior
12. Creagh
13. Young
14. Merrin
15. De Belin
16. Latimore

Still very strong with young De Belin showing signs of being a very good player. If/when Young retires I think we need to then make a marquee signing in the forwards.

I agree with 90% of the comments. The only thing he could do for the Dragons is teach them all the wrestling moves but I think that's something the Dragons can do without. As a player, I guess he could get a run with the Cutters. Certainly not in the Dragons pack or as an interchange.

mmap dragons

Juniors
If Manu had the same ticker as Scott it would be feasible, However as Manu has a ticker similar to that of tigpie Timmy, No thanks.

Reyter

Juniors
As far as I can see, the only thing the Dragons need for a complete team is a good playmaker and they may already have that in Kyle Stanley. Chase Stanley or even Cooper could be drafted into the forwards. I know Cooper has been great for the last few years but time will surely catch up with him soon and Green seems to have tremendous potential in his spot.

Dragonsforever

Juniors
I wonder if Justin Poore would want to come back home - he certainly would be cheap and was a much better player in the Red V than at the Eels.

Minh

First Grade
Poore will have a hell of a time trying to crack it into our top 17 now.

Latest posts