What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Silver lining around Dugan's injury

TomRedVRiver

Bench
18319183_10155260159260419_3887232122601302118_o.jpg

How about this for a silver lining?

RedVDragon

Juniors
All will be revealed after the game against the scum. Let's all have patience by then we will know the worth of Dugs. Widdop on the other hand is our playmaker and leader much harder to replace.

Gareth67

First Grade
Widdop is the playmaker and we certainly missed his polish in the previous 2 games .
Dugan on the other hand has done his bit since our captain has been on the sidelines and now that both are out the boys must show some steel .

Someone else mentioned in a previous post , that we must at the very least show spirit in our future performances , regardless if we win , lose or draw - could not agree more .

Keep the Dragon fire burning , with or without our playmakers and we could still be there come semi-final time .

The Doc

Juniors
Thats the real test Gareth67.... the fact that both Dugan AND Widdop are missing.
When we didnt have Dugan we had Widdop, and our game without Widdop we had Dugan.
Now we are missing our 2 best spine players.
Big test coming up for us seeing how we fare without BOTH players.
To say if the team fails now then Duges is worth the $1.1 million is absurd, considering we are also missing widdop.
I love the duges, but the 2 games he missed earlier (we had widdop playing though) we didnt miss a beat.
Thats not saying we dont need Duges, he is a vital part of our team.
Its just saying his absence wont kill the teams chances of winning.
Widdop is the one our hopes fall on. His absence has been felt (all be it for one game).

Gandhi

Juniors
Thats the real test Gareth67.... the fact that both Dugan AND Widdop are missing.
When we didnt have Dugan we had Widdop, and our game without Widdop we had Dugan.
To say if the team fails now then Duges is worth the $1.1 million is absurd, considering we are also missing widdop.
I love the duges, but the 2 games he missed earlier (we had widdop playing though) we didnt miss a beat.
Widdop is the one our hopes fall on. His absence has been felt (all be it for one game).
Widdop played vs parramatta and we got shown up.

possm

Coach
Mann will do a good job at 6.
If it is Nightingale to fullback, will Herbert do a good job on the left Wing?
If it is Field to fullback, will he prove to be up to first grade standard?
Is Macdonald fit to play and if not who will take his place on the right wing?

Gandhi

Juniors
And Thurston played against manly and the cowboys got shown up... whats your point?
My point is having widdop playing guarantees nothng. Its a team, not an individual. And he isnt THAT good. He has played with us for years and we have won around 43%. We lose 57% when he plays. Maybe we will win more without him.

Gandhi

Juniors
Mann will do a good job at 6.
If it is Nightingale to fullback, will Herbert do a good job on the left Wing?
If it is Field to fullback, will he prove to be up to first grade standard?
Is Macdonald fit to play and if not who will take his place on the right wing?
I think if nighty goes to fullback and Macdonald is out, Herbert and Milne on the wings will be sweet. Everyone starts somewhere. Everyone was a first timer once. Champions are created by these things.

possm

Coach
My point is having widdop playing guarantees nothng. Its a team, not an individual. And he isnt THAT good. He has played with us for years and we have won around 43%. We lose 57% when he plays. Maybe we will win more without him.
I'd say Widdop was our best by far for the weeks leading up to his injury.

The Doc

Juniors
Who the f#ck said widdop playing gaurantees anything?
I said he is more important to the team... i said his absence has been felt more.
And i couldnt give 2 flying f#cks about winning percentages over the last few years when THE WHOLE TEAM PLAYED SHIT... to put that down to only widdop is plain silly.
He was the form half in the comp up untill his injury.
Maybe we will win more games without him? That is the stupiest thing i have heard in a while.
Judging by alot of your posts you obviously dont have much knowledge of the game of rugby league.

getsmarty

Immortal

With all due respects , Widdop has been one of our best this season. That counts for something.

Gandhi

Juniors
With all due respects , Widdop has been one of our best this season. That counts for something.
Hmmmm......i dont consider 8 games vs his 3 past years counts for anything. The biggest difference this year is packer, mcinnes and vaughan. I think mann playing behind our pack will do just fine. If the pack fronts up for the challenge.

Gareth67

First Grade

Couldn't agree more Doc , I simply did not wish to introduce the contract money saga , in my post . That aside , Widdop is our go-to man this season and he is indeed the player, that the Dragons are and will be missing , until he returns from injury .

We can cover Duges position (more so now that we know that he shall be missing a few weeks and not longer) with Mann .

I really hope that Mary does use our the younger players that are showing so much potential , give them the opportunity to gain top grade experience .

possm

Coach
Hmmmm......i dont consider 8 games vs his 3 past years counts for anything. The biggest difference this year is packer, mcinnes and vaughan. I think mann playing behind our pack will do just fine. If the pack fronts up for the challenge.
Sorry Gandhi, I'd say the poor performance of Widdop and the rest of the players was mainly Mary's fault. Once the style of play was changed, there was a marked improvement in most of the players.

Gandhi

Juniors
Who the f#ck said widdop playing gaurantees anything?
I said he is more important to the team... i said his absence has been felt more.
And i couldnt give 2 flying f#cks about winning percentages over the last few years when THE WHOLE TEAM PLAYED SHIT... to put that down to only widdop is plain silly.
He was the form half in the comp up untill his injury.
Maybe we will win more games without him? That is the stupiest thing i have heard in a while.
Judging by alot of your posts you obviously dont have much knowledge of the game of rugby league.
Now now dont get personal....we have won 43% of all games with him. Thats atrocious. ...and says he makes very little difference to our success. You are guessing he makes a difference, there is no evidence. Having won 43% with him....on what basis do you say we will miss him? Report back in 3 games time. Till then, keep your guessing to yourself.

Gandhi

Juniors
Sorry Gandhi, I'd say the poor performance of Widdop and the rest of the players was mainly Mary's fault. Once the style of play was changed, there was a marked improvement in most of the players.
Has the style really changed....or now we have yardage eaters like vaughan, packer and fritz all playing together....thats the difference. If widdop cant perform behind that pack....he should pack and go. What i am saying is Mann WILL perform behind that pack.... every bit as widdop may have.

possm

Coach
Has the style really changed....or now we have yardage eaters like vaughan, packer and fritz all playing together....thats the difference. If widdop cant perform behind that pack....he should pack and go. What i am saying is Mann WILL perform behind that pack.... every bit as widdop may have.
I'd say in the forwards the addition of McInnes and Vaughan has made it possible for our pack to play at their best. And with the pack playing at their best and the crazy structures of 2016 being tossed, Widdop has been able to play behind a dominant pack and show us what he can do.

The Doc

Juniors
Now now dont get personal....we have won 43% of all games with him. Thats atrocious. ...and says he makes very little difference to our success. You are guessing he makes a difference, there is no evidence. Having won 43% with him....on what basis do you say we will miss him? Report back in 3 games time. Till then, keep your guessing to yourself.
So going by your theory... the entire team is shit?
Most have played the last few years also.
Vaughan was in reserves last year.
McInnes was down the ladder at souths.
So the entire team is shit?
Good god you have no idea about league.
Stating that despite what Widdop has done this year he is shit because our % are poor with him playing, considering the entire teams performances over the last few years show you have no idea.
Seeing how he has performed this year isnt guesing champ...
The one game he didnt play so far this year we lost, the game he got injured in we were winning up untill he got injured.
Thats facts, not guessing... go educate yourself on league basics then come back and talk on here.

Latest posts