What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Simon

Penrose_11

Juniors
Interesting that Mannering came back on after what looked like him having been KO'd. Doc Mayhew is usually pretty tough on letting players back if there's signs of a concussion. And I wonder what, if anything, the NRL have to say about Simon returning, as other clubs (Doggies and Souths come to mind) have been fined already this season.

jaseg

Juniors
Hard one. The rules were updated I think (correct me if this was only a suggestion, but I think they actually put it into force) after Parra did the dodgy with Peats (and De Gois as well?) against us earlier in the year. New rules involved certain situations where a player must come off and not return regardless of the SCAT test.. things like wobbly legs and struggling to get to feet unassisted were on the list - I'd say Mannering probably qualified, but the list was pretty subjective - what standard are players to be held to?

Anyway.. if he did pass a test (which presumably he did - as you mentioned Mayhew is tough on welfare) it would be very frustrating to get fined/punished essentially because other clubs can't follow the original simple player safety precautions (leading to the rule change).

We will get fined for sure. Silly decision letting him back in. We weren't going to win regardless. Bunnies were hot we were not simple

ozbash

Referee
thats what the slow mo's showed as well, very little contact with his head.

Mayhew knows his stuff.

Skinner

Coach
The good Doc has been around for a long time and is also a wily customer, but I don't think there is any way that he would jeopardise a player's safety just to win a game.

Latest posts