What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Simple, silent, strong protest message..will you join me?

Mr. Shark

Juniors
If we lose - again - this weekend, I intend to drop my 3 season tickets in the players tunnel at full-time.

No booing, no foul language, no hysterics: just a simple, but hopefully symbolic message to the club.

I guess you can only do this if you are in the ET stand: but the invitation is there for you to join me.

I won't be coming back - let alone purchase season tickets again - until i see dramatic changes in professionalism, transparency, governance and attitude.

Throw your tickets in to the tunnel (if we lose on Saturday).

beekershark

Bench
That's actually one of the more poignant ideas i've seen written on here in terms of a symbolic protest.

Whether you actually do it or not if a loss eventuates this weekend coming i another story.

PJ

First Grade
Maybe a better way would be to file up and put them on the stage then walk out when Barry gets up with a cover letter saying not be renewed.

Since 73

First Grade
Mr. Shark:

If we lose - again - this weekend, I intend to drop my 3 season tickets in the players tunnel at full-time.

Save yourself the trouble.
Hand them to Beau Scott, he'll happily drop them for you.

Frenzy.

Post Whore
Why wait till next week? Aren't you disgusted enough yet? What if they win next week? Will all be forgiven then huh? That is typical Cronulla fan thinking. Wait a bit longer for the inevitable small positive then convince yourself you were wrong to be upset.

You're not wrong. Take them down to the club this week and hand them to P1 personally.

Inferno

Coach
Sounds like the right idea, but like Frenzy said, why wait till next week? Even if we win 50 - 0 that won't get us into the finals and it won't erase any of the crap we have already dished up this year. You say you are waiting for dramatic changes in professionalism, transparency, governance and attitude, but a win next week is not going to get us any closer to any of those things.

Mr. Shark

Juniors
I hear what you are saying....but, or a number of reasons, I won't have the opportunity to vent my frustration until next saturday. Agreed: a win will not change a thing in the short or long term.

But just think about it: a unique, powerful protest is possible..in he event of a loss.

Throwing -in our season tickets gives us the chance to show our frustration in a novel, non-confrontational way.

If you don't like the idea - sweet. Do your own thing. Just please do something!! Anything!!!!!

Don't sit on your arse and take this shyte.

Inferno

Coach
Mr. Shark said:
I hear what you are saying....but, or a number of reasons, I won't have the opportunity to vent my frustration until next saturday. Agreed: a win will not change a thing in the short or long term.

But just think about it: a unique, powerful protest is possible..in he event of a loss.

Throwing -in our season tickets gives us the chance to show our frustration in a novel, non-confrontational way.

If you don't like the idea - sweet. Do your own thing. Just please do something!! Anything!!!!!

I can understand that mate but in your first post you mentioned
I won't be coming back - let alone purchase season tickets again - until i see dramatic changes in professionalism, transparency, governance and attitude.

I don't see how a win next week could change any of the things you are unhappy about. Why not do it before the game kicks off.

Frenzy.

Post Whore
Mr. Shark said:

Well I hear you despite what I said. I made the same decision at the beginning of 2005. I won't pay in advance for Sharks games pro tem. Not till they become a football business.

Since 73

First Grade
Worst possible scenario that george is still there next year with Noddy, season tickets sales for 07 would be at an all-time low.
Anybody who bought one deserves everything they get.

spider

Coach
Since 73 said:
Worst possible scenario that george is still there next year with Noddy, season tickets sales for 07 would be at an all-time low.
Anybody who bought one deserves everything they get.

I will think of your words when i go through the pain again next year.