What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sims vs Papalii incident

rasaint

Juniors
That’s the trouble when you go for the risky high big hit. Very tight margin between a legal bell ringer and an illegal head smasher.

To me I think Josh is in trouble; particularly if carryover points exist. Josh jumped high and drove his shoulder into the Souths fullback jaw. I don’t believe that was intended but it connected with the jaw and Douehi too his credit tried to get up but was stunned.

Nothing against the Josh he had a blinder tonight excluding that big hit. Somehow, I know it sounds conspiracy theory but he will likely get off because the GF will be hollow without Canberra’s best forward. Still they scrubbed out Cameron Smith for a GF ( against Manly I think).

Bench
I think he will cop a suspension, don’t think he deserved to be put on report

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
If he gets suspended for that then I’m done with Rugby League. That was slightly less than Sims one, it was just a great hit. He was epic, if they ruin it for the Green Machine already under an injury cloud I’ll near cry.

Dea

Juniors
Clip I saw Looked like he set himself and would have hit the chest but the player being tackled was falling, resulting in high contact. I hope he doesn’t get wiped out.

Carlton

Juniors
It shouldn't matter whether its a trial game or a grand final. If, a tackle results in the player being hit in the head with the shoulder, then the tackler should be dealt with consistently and miss game/s. Papalii actually drives upwards in the tackle which in my opinion is worse than Sims tackle where he stood tall the whole time.

PS: I want Canberra to win.

BLM01

First Grade
He will get off even if charged. if Billy Slater's lawyers could turn a shoulder charge back into a tackle then anything goes.
Besides poor comparison with a Sims late tackle. Carlton is right an accidental should coming in contact with the bottom of ther jaw is bad luck and he would be likel charged Grade 1 but however they have to look at the 1st point of contact too to see how it slid up and therefore should get off
Anyway IMO we have gone way over the top with this HIH contact the head stuff and checking the most inocuos contact and holding the game up so people get breathers.
If we were serious Hodgson should of gone for having rubbery legs early in the game which is really when this HIH was supposed to be used and the clash like Johnson last week
..not every tap to the head.

He will get off even if charged. if Billy Slater's lawyers could turn a shoulder charge back into a tackle then anything goes.
Besides poor comparison with a Sims late tackle. Carlton is right an accidental should coming in contact with the bottom of ther jaw is bad luck and he would be likel charged Grade 1 but however they have to look at the 1st point of contact too to see how it slid up and therefore should get off
Anyway IMO we have gone way over the top with this HIH contact the head stuff and checking the most inocuos contact and holding the game up so people get breathers.
If we were serious Hodgson should of gone for having rubbery legs early in the game which is really when this HIH was supposed to be used and the clash like Johnson last week
..not every tap to the head.

Sims wasn’t charged for late it was the contact with the head

Latest posts