What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

sione faumiuna signs with cowboys???

League: Faumuina lassoed by Cowboys
By STEVE KILGALLON - Sunday Star Times |
Sunday, 24 December 2006

The travels of Sione Faumuina have come to an end, the former Warrior signing with the North Queensland Cowboys.

Faumuina went absent without leave from his new English club, Harlequins, three weeks ago and won't be going back to London.

Chased by the club, media, and even his agent, the two-cap Kiwi told the Sunday Star-Times a fortnight ago that he was destined for Brisbane, to see his mother and two younger siblings.

Sources told the Star-Times yesterday that Faumuina had stayed on to find a new club, and has agreed terms with the Cowboys, the 2005 grand finalists based in Townsville -a swift return to the NRL after he left the Warriors in September with the last year of his contract there cancelled for disciplinary indiscretions.

Faumuina declined to comment on the news, but it is expected the Cowboys will announce his signing early in the New Year after securing a release from Harlequins, who will lose the erratic lock without him playing a game in the Super League.

Daza_06

Juniors
A player with huge potential and a player i highly rate. I'm just happy to see that he is still in the NRL no matter who he is playing for. Hopefully he can put his past problems behind him and become the player he really is. Probaly the best buy from the Cowboys so far. What position you think???

Hallatia

Referee
I say that is good to hear that he got a contract and a reprive, I hope he does well and that he can resolve his problems

carlnz

Bench
innsaneink said:
Who or what are they?

Himself...turns his back on the kiwis jumper to play for money in the UK then gets drunk hassiling fans. Gets drunk again and sh*ts on fans at Awens Farewell lunchen while nearly having a fight with the coach and captain then walks out on a club in the uk....

You guys can have him, he cost the Warriors more games than he won and thats for sure

innsaneink

Referee
carlnz said:
Himself...turns his back on the kiwis jumper to play for money in the UK then gets drunk hassiling fans. Gets drunk again and sh*ts on fans at Awens Farewell lunchen while nearly having a fight with the coach and captain then walks out on a club in the uk....

You guys can have him, he cost the Warriors more games than he won and thats for sure
Exactly my point.

Hes not 'away' from any 'bad influences'...the bad influences will be with him until he...

ink said:
Lets hope he deals with his drinking problem.

kiwi_man

Juniors
absolutely top bloke when i met him this yr, if he sorts his drinking out he will shine, sh*t loads of talent

playdaball

Bench
Thierry Henry said:
wtf

that's an unbelievably stupid comment

Agree with you TH. He is a talent and given the right conditions he will be an asset to the Cowboys.

Reports suggested that he was homesick at Canberra, hence his signing with the Warriors, yet his girlfriend is still in Auckland and family on the GC.

Sam_the_man

First Grade
carlnz said:

And apart from letting down every club he's been at he wasn't known as fumbles faumiuna for nothing. Good luck with this guy Cowboys cause he's let down more people in his life than a lift.
And when things don't go his way will he publicly blame the Kiwi coach like he did in one news paper, or his club coach in another?
lol top signing this one.

Sam_the_man

First Grade
Thierry Henry said:
wtf

that's an unbelievably stupid comment

Whats stupis about it, it's dead on the money. He lost us a lot of games with his miracle balls that mostly went straight to the opposition.

Buckshot

Juniors
Nikki said:
Cowboys are f**king hypocrites is all im gunna say!!

How are Tim (2 pot screamer) Smith's drinking problems going ? Maybe he and Faumiuna could compare notes.

playdaball

Bench
Sam_the_man said:
Whats stupis about it, it's dead on the money. He lost us a lot of games with his miracle balls that mostly went straight to the opposition.

When? Name one.

Sam_the_man

First Grade
I can't name anyone game but as sure as i know my own name i know those horror 50/50 balls of his cost us matches.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
Sam_the_man said:
I can't name anyone game but as sure as i know my own name i know those horror 50/50 balls of his cost us matches.

well..you're wrong. You can't even think of a single example, cos there never was one.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
Fumbles Faumuina? I've never heard that before, and it's a particularly strange nickname (one you seem to have made up) for a guy with great hands and ball skills.

Latest posts