What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Six Long Years Of Trying

steavis

Juniors
Just posted a review of NSW's last six years over at stevemascord dot com. Thought it might be of interest. Cheers.

drake

First Grade
Nice piece you've written Steve.

Ps. Remember the OTS review of the gunners gig; was too young to go.

Last edited:

Loudstrat

Coach
Great article - and interesting insights from Murray and Shreck. I have to disagree with your opening paragraph though. The reason Origin aint dead after 6 losses is because of the blues passion to win. The "Origin is dead" thing came about after 3 series losses. I remember Gordon Tallis musing about the value of a dead rubber in the lead up to our 50 point win under Wayne Pearce. In comparison, there has been nothing but desire by NSW to win it back - even if the application at times was crap.

I think the current passion is a credit to NSW.

Jason Maher

Immortal
The most important bit is the last couple of sentences. Queenslanders like to call it an excuse, but it's the truth. Traditionally the hatred of New South Wales players and fans for rival NSW clubs outstrips our hatred for Queensland. Our primary identity is which club we support, not which state we're from. The reverse is true up north.

Haffa

Until I lived in Qld I didn't get that. Being a Norths supporter as a kid, I hated Qlders at origin time but outside of that I hated Manly and St George. One year I remember that we won Origin on the wednesday but I can relay every minute in the win over Manly on the Sunday.

Moved up here and everything revolves around State of Origin.