What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SKANDO FOR ORIGIN- THE CAMPAIGN CONTINUES

skandofan

Juniors
John Skandalis " Skando" is one of the top 3 props in the NRL and the premier meter-gainer not counting Webcke. In Last Friday Night's game against the Panthers he played against the "Australian" Prop Joel Clinton. Now it is expected that on representative selection Clinton should hav killed Skando in all areas. In tackles, Clinton got 33 and Skando 31- hardly a dominating effort.

However, it is the meters gained [ a showing stat for a front-rower] that show the quality of John ' the machine" Skandalis. In the game Australian Front Rower Joel Clinton gained 95 metres. West Tigers Legend Johhny SKANDALIS gained- yeh , wait for it, 163.............yeh that right ate 68 more.

ALSO make Skando the highest meter acculumater of that game. Paul Kent in Saturdays telegraph quite accurately pointed out that after the City-Country clash- which Skando played brillantly in off the bench [ should have been picked to start] SKando was now in a class well above Clinton with the likes of O'Meley and O'Hara[ by the way i think Shrek is shit jus living on a good reputation by being at the the bulldogs.

THEREFORE, Skando seems an obvious choice for one of the Current open bench origin positions. On form with the Tigers, where he always stands out as the most dominant forward, Sattler being the most skillful........ and against the big side a la the Panthers. Against the Roosters he wasnt as good yeh but that obvious when u see he played a massive game against Country the previous night.

ANYWAY- So Joey Johns, who is a legend but has played about as many NRL games as me over the last 2 yrs,- comes out with like potential forwards for ORigin in the paper and Skando doesnt even RATE a mention????? Yet he lists mR below 100 metres Joel CLinton as starting prop????

ridiculous- id dont know anymore but it just seems that if ur team is not in the top 8 u have no chance- well it seems like that int his case.

SO i tell Phil Gould, now who gave Skando a good rap in the half time scoop on CHannel 9 coverage of the City Country game- fuc plz look at him- wat more does he have to do- he has worked on fitness- defence- ive been at concord oval and watched him practice!!!

so i leave with these words they i keep repeating everyday on end and wat i was screaming out last night at the Roosters game, also to piss of those Eastern Suburbs groupies...

[ by the way i was also screaming out at Todd Byrne warning him of our NO.13 Scott Sattler, who he should have heard of by now lol]

SKANDO FOR ORIGIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

steven_tiger

Juniors
dont get me wrong, i would LOVE skando to play origin, but i doubt it would happen.

in my opinion clinton, omeley and ohara will be picked, and rightly so.

they are NSW best 3 props and skando will only get a run if one of the are injured,

gr8_1

Juniors
Wow ! I thought I was a big Skando fan but Ive been put to shame now :)

I applaud your enthusiasm and support of the big fella. I think he deserves a spot also. I still think there might be a few to many players ahead of him though. Clinton, Ryles and Bailey are certainties IMO.

But, reality will sink in and as much as I hate to say it he wont be picked (but im hoping as he deserves a spot).

By the way mate get ready for a lot of critiscm over your post. The posts following mine wont suprise me at all though. :roll:

steven_tiger

Juniors
gr8_1 said:
Wow ! I thought I was a big Skando fan but Ive been put to shame now :)

I applaud your enthusiasm and support of the big fella. I think he deserves a spot also. I still think there might be a few to many players ahead of him though. Clinton, Ryles and Bailey are certainties IMO.

But, reality will sink in and as much as I hate to say it he wont be picked (but im hoping as he deserves a spot).

By the way mate get ready for a lot of critiscm over your post. The posts following mine wont suprise me at all though. :roll:

damn... i forgot about bailey.

maybe NSW could have:
8 bailey
9 priddis
10 omeley

14 clinton
15 ohara

would they have two props on the bench though ? or could clinton and bailey swap and bailey cover 2nd row as well ?

priddis should be there instead of buderus, with wing getting a bench spot also.

gr8_1

Juniors
I think they will pick 3 front rowers. Clinton, Bailey and Ryles are certainties. They will most likely pick Fletcher (Gould is a Fletcher fan) for a bench spot as he can cover the back and front row. I dont think O'Meley will be there.

If I was NSW SOO coach I would pick :
8. Clinton
9. Priddis
10. Skando (yes Im biased :lol: )

14. L.Bailey
15. Fitzgibbon
16. Menzies
17. Wing

simon says

First Grade
Cant believe you blokes dont rate Buderus who is by far and away the best hooker in the comp....

Gee I hope Skandy makes it,but I just dont think Gouldie will pick him.....

tigger

Juniors
Skando showed the exact reason why he wont play Origin on Friday. He never made more than a meter after the initial contact with the defensive player. You may aswell buy a lottery ticket, you have more chance of winning the jackpot than Skando playing for NSW.

mikey

Juniors
Exactly - as soon he meets opposition it the end of his run.

When was the last time you saw Skandalis consistently break through tackles? My beer addled pate has no memory of any in recent times and that's why I don't rate him very highly. Until he learns to break the line Skandalis will never represent at state level.

brook

First Grade
skandofan said:
by the way i think Shrek is sh*t jus living on a good reputation by being at the the bulldogs.

Which goes to show what your opinion is worth

If O'meley isn't one of the first picked for origin the selectors need to have their butts kicked and be locked back in the room until they DO select him.

He's in terrific form and is exactly the sort of prop that I would kill to have on board

simon says

First Grade
Yeah,Shreck is a beast and Skandy isnt even in the blues thirty.

Cant say Im surprised on either count......

Good thing is we have Skandy al for ourselves.

Gobbso

Juniors
Some players have the ability and talent, but will always go through their career unrecognised. Skandalis is a player in that category. Cherry Mescia, Kevin McGuinness, Darren Senter, Ben Galea are others in my opinion from our respective clubs. Some say there's too much competition infront of them, other's say you've got to be a successful team to be looked at. What ever way you look at it, individual performance should be the pre-requisite to an Origin birth and further Representative honours. Sadly favouritism and politics play their part in selection. this will never change.

simon says

First Grade
With Gouldie and Lozza in the selection mix you were always going to get a lot of Roosters and Saints......just a fact of life.

What we need to do is get Junior and Thommy on the selection committee and maybe then we might get a player or two. ;-) ;-)

Balmainia

Juniors
Skando did not impress me at C/C origin - I barely noticed his efforts actually though I did note them

I wrote this down immediately after the game for my NSW selection

If City/Country is a guide to NSW Origin selection

The side should be

1 Minichello
2 Tahu
3 Gidley
4 Cross
5 DeVere
6 Anasta/Hill
7 Gower
8 Bailey
9 Buderus
10 O'Hara
11 Fitzgibbon
12 Kennedy
13 Timmins

14 Wing
15 O'Meley
16 Mason
17 Stevens

As for the other 8 to make the 25 I don't know how many backs and how many forwards to do - so this bit is probably crap

18 Anasta/Hill
19 Hodgson
20 Mason
21 Waterhouse
22 Kurt Gidley
23 Sam Harris
24 luke Lewis
25 ???

Also to the mods I'd appreciate this staying in the tigers forum, its meant for this forum not a general NRL forum consensus

skandofan

Juniors
gr8_1 said:
How the hell that girl Stevens gets in the squad in front of Skando is beyond me.

Yeh- and he gets picked....

Just read the thirty and really and disappointed and yeh also but not surprised.

People in the above posts have had a go at Skando for not hitting the line but wat about the manly game when he set up that try that started the win for us.??????????????/

And wat bout the metres he gains consistantly.. i dont know i dont want to sound like a broken record but it really hurts this time seeing i think he's playing in peak form and still not a chance.....

and they pick BRent Kite??? dont get me started

yes c/c does mean alot.......but not everything....

its ok.....theres still hope that o'meley/hara get injured or i accidently clip with them with my range rover outside origin camp..................

Latest posts