What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SKD released

Valheru

Coach
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...l/news-story/4540573b7241b28f50a0cb4d5e7af764

Let's try and keep this one positive.

SKD finishes 2nd in the tally of all time try scorers for the roosters.

We were all frustrated by his efforts at times but he was immense and a freak at other times. It is a shame it has ended this way for him and i was hoping he would get a send off.

His efforts in the 2013 GF will remain a part of roosters folk lore.

adamkungl

Immortal
Legitimately sad. Could have been a Roosters great. Not an Immortal or even a superstar, but a great clubman and all time leading try scorer.

Reading between the lines, we had to lose some players and he (or another recently released player) has thrown himself under the bus to make the decision easier.

Hopefully he gets off the possession charge (seriously who cares), learns something from it, and finishes his career on a high note somewhere else. Preferably SL coz I'd hate to see him in another NRL jersey against us.

Bgoodorgoodatit

Juniors
Agree with Adam's sentiments....

unfortunately for me it was not enough '2013 GF' and too much 'First Pass of the Game Intercept 2015 Prelim'

kbw

Bench
I will not conveniently forget the quick play the balls, the big metres every game nor his freakish ability to score a try. An absolute Roosters legend and an absolute gentleman

Jack_Napier

Staff member
It's such a shame as SKiD bleeds for the club. I was looking forward to him eventually overtaking mini for all time leading try scorer but not to be.

Still don't think he gets enough credit for playing the majority of the 2013 GF with a broken jaw.

Valheru

Coach
The more I think about it, the more I am coming to the conclusion that the club has done him wrong here. Not for releasing him as he was unlikely to be re-signed anyways and it is his fault for making the early release easy. Surely though, the club could have released a bit more than a 2 sentence statement on what has been a wonderful career.

I hope they put something on for him at one of our home games leading to the finals but I won't hold my breath.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Certainly an off field issue......

On field can play...

What has he done now off the field?

Clifferd

Coach
Gee it wasn't the crime of the century. Mitchell Pearce gave the club/NRL a much worse look

Guess it's just a popularity contest these days

adamkungl

Immortal
Gee it wasn't the crime of the century. Mitchell Pearce gave the club/NRL a much worse look

The bloke actually charged with a crime was let go but yeah it's a popularity contest..

Anyway. I was hoping he'd be given a chance but it's hard to see why the club has gone with this decision without any inside information.

Maybe in the weeks since being stood down SKD hasn't responded the way they club would like.
Maybe there are more issues than have been made public.
Or maybe it's simple salary cap pressure.

Regardless, I hope he does well in the final years of his career, whatever jersey he pulls on. I just hope it's not a Souffs or Dogs one haha

Clifferd

Coach
The bloke actually charged with a crime was let go but yeah it's a popularity contest..

Anyway. I was hoping he'd be given a chance but it's hard to see why the club has gone with this decision without any inside information.

Maybe in the weeks since being stood down SKD hasn't responded the way they club would like.
Maybe there are more issues than have been made public.
Or maybe it's simple salary cap pressure.

Regardless, I hope he does well in the final years of his career, whatever jersey he pulls on. I just hope it's not a Souffs or Dogs one haha

Wasn't Pearce charged with assault? Anyway my point was there's been a lot worse crimes been let go, not just from Pearce

anyways in terms of clubs I'd say newy will nab him (a chance to get out of the party scene in Sydney)

Clifferd

Coach
Fair enough, can admit I never really cared enough to look into it

But I look at it from an employees perspective..

A guy who hooks up with a random girl whilst clearly looking frightened, then continuing to dry hump a dog

Over a guy who is just holding a bag of coke for his mate and tested negative to consuming such substance

Valheru

Coach

There were rumours of SKD not being re-signed for next season (along with Guerra and Ferguson) prior to this season starting with the signing of Tedesco obviously necessitating that. So I don't think him not being apart of the club next year has much to do with this incident, it just gave the club an excuse to do it now.

Let's also note that the club stuck behind SKD in 2015 when all and sundry including the media and Premier Mike Baird publically called for his sacking for allegations that were slammed as fabricated in court.

Valheru

Coach
No.
People have invented some mythical Carney-length rap-sheet for Pearce but the reality is he got kicked out of a bar, and got kicked out of a house party.

I can't tell you the amount of people on social media that claim he has had "4 or 5 chances already" when his ridiculous punishment in 2016 is compared to that of drink drivers or other law breaking players.

Latest posts