What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sky Sport 'nit picking'

Really?!? Bloody rip-off.

They know they've got us League fans over a barrel, and there's not a hell of a lot we can do about it.

Apparently the letter is stating that it's rising in price for $7 bucks
ESPN is no longer going to be free
So what they have said is we are paying more for 2 channels added (whereas one was already free prior to these changes i.e ESPN) and ESPN 2, also the rise in cost is due to the Rugby World Cup (now thats a low blow for all us League Fans)
Well done Sky for being a bunch of idiots and putting other sport fans out once again

KiWi_BoI_15

Juniors
Sick to death of Lavina Good, with her fave first up question in interviews 'what a difference a week makes in rugby league'.

:crazy:

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Not being one to say "I told you so", I find great difficulty in dragging up this thread.

http://forums.leagueunlimited.com/showthread.php?t=374500&highlight=costo

Guess its a case of 'making your bed and lieing in it' ??

I don't know that a punch in the nose is much better than a punch in the chin...

I will, however, be emailing that address. Can someone please point out a sport or a country that has worse commentators than us?

And why is is that radio has so much better commentators than TV? Is it because all the radio men have faces for their medium?

Radio league - Allen Mc/Owen Wright/Kent Johns
Radio cricket - Brian Waddle/Ron Snowden/Peter Sharp/Kevin Hart etc
Radio rugby - Nigel Yeldon and other good friends

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Waddle can commentate well, but his opinions I can't really tolerate

As Ian Smith once put it in front of a group of people when Waddles name was mentioned "Oh, that bloke would masturbate over misery" :lol:

On Sky, Well, I suppose I have to give them an applaud tonight. I watched 5mins of 40/20, was at it's usual standards so flicked it off, but came back to see Bluey McLennan talking and found myself watching it for the rest of the show

Meth

Staff member
Sick to death of Lavina Good, with her fave first up question in interviews 'what a difference a week makes in rugby league'.

:crazy:

it does my head in when journalists make leading statements instead of asking questions. Lavina is the worst at it

ozbash

Referee
I watched 5mins of 40/20, was at it's usual standards so flicked it off, but came back to see Bluey McLennan talking and found myself watching it for the rest of the show

watched the whole 'show'.

McGivor wouldnt let Bluey alopne with his "would you like to coach the Warriors" question.

f**k, he is an idiot

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
watched the whole 'show'.

McGivor wouldnt let Bluey alopne with his "would you like to coach the Warriors" question.

f**k, he is an idiot

To be fair Basher, isn't it a question that a hell of a lot of people want answered? Isn't it the basis for a lot of topics on this very forum?

Having said that, when I saw Bluey was caught in traffic I turned off. Good and McIvor talking amongst themselves without a guest is not something I want a part of.

Meth

Staff member
I just don't understand why Sky haven't cottoned on to the fact that most League fans hate their coverage due to these monkeys.

ozbash

Referee
What was Bluey's answer?

That he wouldnt mind having a crack at NRL coaching. He wouldnt commit to the Warriors side of the question.

It is a question that probably everyone is asking, but McGivor basically demanded an answer 3 times and then made the 'getting blood out of a stone' comment when Bluey wouldnt commit.

the guy is an idiot.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
It was embarrassing for both parties the way McIvor hounded him on that question

I have to say, I actually thought the questions that Lavina asked him were mostly worth asking and brought out some interesting replies

Judd

Juniors
I wouldnt call it "nitpicking"...they are just so unprofessional, its unbelievable. I switched over to the Aussie commentary...you'd be a sucker for punishment if you didnt, given the meaningless dribble you hear from McIvor & co...its down right unbearable, and I havent experienced it personally, but I would say that waterboarding might be less torturous than listening to that lot. If I had a choice of McIvor or Costigan...ok, not much of a choice, but Costigan gets my vote.

Latest posts