What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Slater apparently out for 6 weeks

cupid

Juniors
Huge blow, for everyone, to 1999 I forgot who it was but someone said he had detached retina

Juniors
lol, 6 weeks for a cut under the eye? righto, where did u hear this goose? i saw him warming up half way through the 2nd half looking to come back on

Captian_Klutz

Juniors
He'll be right

HeraldSun said:
BILLY Slater says he is on track to make his Test debut despite a nasty eye injury in Melbourne's 12-10 win over North Queensland in Townsville last night. With blood weeping from the cut under his right eye, Slater, favourite to be named full-back for Australia in the Centenary Test against New Zealand on May 9, declared: "Either way - whether I'm playing there or playing for my club - I'll be playing."

It was purely accidental...he should be right once the swelling goes down.

As for the ref...pathetic display of being conned by the home crowd.

At one stage he was smiling at the Cows players as he gave them another penalty...bloody joke.

AILD

Bench
well slates isnt a doctor, so we cant really take his opinion, especially so early. his eye did look to open up a bit towards the end of the ight, and apprently the first opinion of the doctor was it was nerve damage. so hopefully it isnt too serious and he makes a speedy recovery, we got a bye next week...so thats an extra week of healing for him.

DeeGan

Bench
With any luck, Slater will be able to take his place for Australia.

As for the incident, as stated, it was purely accidental by Thurston. To suggest otherwise is ridiculous.

BourbonRat

Juniors
With any luck, Slater will be able to take his place for Australia.

As for the incident, as stated, it was purely accidental by Thurston. To suggest otherwise is ridiculous.

Riddle me this Batman.............
If it had been Cronk or Inglis making "accidental first contact with the face" of Bowen do you think Badger would have ruled a penalty or put it on report :roll:.

It was at the very least a penalty,even if accidental.

Riddle me this Batman.............
If it had been Cronk or Inglis making "accidental first contact with the face" of Bowen do you think Badger would have ruled a penalty or put it on report :roll:.

It was at the very least a penalty,even if accidental.

Badger was hopeless last night and would have definitely penalised Storm....nothing that Storm did last night went unoticed.

shane1970

Juniors
Hope he's OK to make his test debut - plays 79 minutes and cops an accidental 'bump' to his eye which swells again and forces him out of the game against the Knights.;-);-)
He absolutely CARVES us up in Melbourne - has done every year and would be big chance to do so again in Round 9.

grandorient

Bench
Well,
now theres a fullback I would like see play for the Saints.

When is he off contract? A trip up north to the red and white country would do him the world of good.

GrandOrient

Latest posts