What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Slater

Danish

Referee
And I can just hear Bellamy in the NSW dressing room saying, "OK boys, when Billy Slater has the ball be gentle ..." Please ... get real!

He certainly isn't going to be in there telling them to put a "prowler", "crusher" or "chicken wing" on him :D

Seriously though with so many of the maroons key players (Smith, Slater, Inglis) coming from melbourne, I question Bellamy's commitment in winning these games. Stuart clearly put a hit out on Slater the the final game of origin the year that fitzy and hindmarsh destroyed him.

No way in hell a coach will do that to one of their own cattle.

Billythekid

First Grade
Thing is, he was playing great footy before his SOO call up last time, and short of an offside try he was useless, particularly in SOO3 that year.

:lol:what? Slaters form has been discussed to death i don't feel like doing it again. Hopefully they pick Hunt to give NSW a chance of winning.

lotti

Bench
He certainly isn't going to be in there telling them to put a "prowler", "crusher" or "chicken wing" on him :D

Seriously though with so many of the maroons key players (Smith, Slater, Inglis) coming from melbourne, I question Bellamy's commitment in winning these games. Stuart clearly put a hit out on Slater the the final game of origin the year that fitzy and hindmarsh destroyed him.

No way in hell a coach will do that to one of their own cattle.
the Prowler is probably soley done by the Roosters and I doubt any other clubs will adopt the dangerous tackle.

hellteam

First Grade
Yeah i'd have to go with slater as aus no 1, especially if lockyer isnt playing. hunt will definataly be qld no1 though, his combination with lockyer and experience at that level will make him a sure choice

lotti

Bench
not on his current form and anyway Slater's not really thinking about Origin at the moment. Last year Billy would've been selected but he was injured by oe of his teammates in the round 11 clash with Manly.

Billythekid

First Grade
Yep because Hunt has just had some real shockers at rep level hasn't he.

Idiot.

I know i said i wouldn't but i just can't take the stupidity. Also if your going to call me out how about backing your opinion up, what exactly does Hunt do at rep level footy?

Slater is seen as having a shocker cause he doesn't come away with a swag of tries and a whole bunch of line breaks. There is a much higher expectation of him when he has the ball.

All Hunt does is hit the ball up from kick returns and at the end of the match everyone is saying he had a blinder even though he added pretty much nothing to the team. How can Hunt have a shocker when all he has to is hit the ball up and everyone compliments him big time for it.

It's unbelievable, Slater this year is playing pretty much the best football I've ever seen from a fullback and in response all i hear is he may be considered for QLD. What more can he do?

yeah but hunts a better origin play definately

Hunt is much better in Origin as he runs the ball back and gets QLD on the front foot.

That's all Hunt does in Origin. Is that all it takes to be a great fullback. FFS the fullback is in a position to be the most potent attacking weapon on the field, and yous are satisfied with "he runs hard and puts us on the front foot". Sometimes i can barely believe what I'm reading.

hellteam

First Grade
mate hes been part of the winning team for 2 years in a row. i dont want anything to change.

hunts got the combination with lockyer and hes tried and proven at this level. origins a different game its not as open and teams are trying to make the least mistakes possible. it may not make for an attractive game but thats just how it is. hunt is perfect for that

everyone goes on about no loyalty in the game anymore. well nows time for some loyalty for karmichael hunt by the qld selectors. which is no doubt what theyll show

Mr. Snrub

Juniors
Why couldn't Hunt be on the wing or vice versa? It sounds stupid and I don't expect anyone to agree on this. But they could change it up abit. I think it would work well.

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
I know i said i wouldn't but i just can't take the stupidity. Also if your going to call me out how about backing your opinion up, what exactly does Hunt do at rep level footy?
How about 2 MoM performances in 7 games for Australia. Not really much is it?

If you're going to call me out for challenging you on your stupid statement, you might want to actually know what you're talking about.

But that's right you can only get MoM from running the ball hard at forwards right?

Butters

Bench
How about 2 MoM performances in 7 games for Australia. Not really much is it?

If you're going to call me out for challenging you on your stupid statement, you might want to actually know what you're talking about.

But that's right you can only get MoM from running the ball hard at forwards right?

Hunts proved it twice already.

Butters

Bench
You must be watching different games to me if you think Hunt does anything more than catch the ball and run straight at representative level. Hell if thats what makes a great fullback may aswell put Dallas Johnson at the back, at least he can tackle.