What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sloan

st.phil

Bench
Well he Sloan could be a Bunnies signing if he feels like Latrell is like a brother to him ...... Did any of our lot do the same , Captain Hunt or any senior players , you would hope so 🤔 ........
Oh come on fmd , be happy for just a moment, great article, the kids a shining light, showing maturity and reflection. Can’t wait to see him / them take the journos down a peg or two

Illusion

Bench
Oh come on fmd , be happy for just a moment, great article, the kids a aging light. Can’t wait to see him / them take the journos down a peg or two
I'm am happy great to see and good on Latrell let's hope the kid has a great year and I hope that he is not again shafted by our lot for a bad game , which the whole lot of them were bad not just him ......

denis preston

First Grade
Hope I’m wrong but Sloan is still not ready for the week in week out grind of a NRL fullback. What is our fallback plan if he stinks up again? His career could be over before it starts. I’d flick Rava & put Sloan there for another year. He appears to be a sensitive kid and his talent is obvious but still immature for the No 1 role.

twinkletoes

Juniors
Hope I’m wrong but Sloan is still not ready for the week in week out grind of a NRL fullback. What is our fallback plan if he stinks up again? His career could be over before it starts. I’d flick Rava & put Sloan there for another year. He appears to be a sensitive kid and his talent is obvious but still immature for the No 1 role.
Denis

i think we just need to persevere with him this season...he's going to make mistakes but he needs time in first grade. Perhaps last year he was a bit immature to keep in first grade but he has talent and we just need to let that come through even though it may cost us a couple of games along the way...otherwise he'll be wasted talent.

Victoire

Juniors
Paul Turner has played there, and then I guess you've got Mbye or give Treight Stewart a go. But I agree, with Cody Ramsay potentially out of the picture it looks a tad dire. Needs to be something we start targeting asap for 2024. imo throw everything at Jack Welsby

JohnnoMcJohnno

Juniors
Paul Turner has played there, and then I guess you've got Mbye or give Treight Stewart a go. But I agree, with Cody Ramsay potentially out of the picture it looks a tad dire. Needs to be something we start targeting asap for 2024. imo throw everything at Jack Welsby
I thought Mbye went alright at fullback when he played there last year. Good defender, can catch a high ball. It's the final year of his contract so I'm hoping his performances will improve.

This Year?

Immortal
Sloan hasn't had long enough to make the position his own. Yes, he's had a couple of shockers and there isn't much help around him. I remember when Dylan Edwards wasn't a good fullback but look at him now.
Sloan just needs support and time to adjust and gain some confidence and gel with his team. This doesn't take a week or a month. NRL is a huge step up from KOE.
I just hope Sloan comes good. We are starved of something good happening.

As a club we have to be prepared to play him for at least 8-10 games for him to find his feet at NRL level and to live with the consequences

He may have dropped a couple of bombs but that is nothing compared to the poor defensive efforts of the players in front of him.

rasaint

Juniors
Some good posts. Like everyone here on the forum I hope Tyrell comes good. He is genuinely very quick and with no Ramsey don’t we need speed!

In the Charity Shield, Tyrell looked nervous under the high ball and positionally a little dodgy. He made one very nice incision in the second half and only just got ankle tapped as he was laying on a little ‘grubber pass for a probable try. That looked promising.

OK but what about the other indigenous young guy in Treigh Stewart. Played against St Helens and blasted out a top individual try with speed through the line and power dragging opposition blokes the last 5 metres to the line. Yes, he dropped a high ball but simply looked dangerous in attack; Is he to be dismissed? He tackled as well as Tyrell Imo.

Victoire

Juniors
Some good posts. Like everyone here on the forum I hope Tyrell comes good. He is genuinely very quick and with no Ramsey don’t we need speed!

In the Charity Shield, Tyrell looked nervous under the high ball and positionally a little dodgy. He made one very nice incision in the second half and only just got ankle tapped as he was laying on a little ‘grubber pass for a probable try. That looked promising.

OK but what about the other indigenous young guy in Treigh Stewart. Played against St Helens and blasted out a top individual try with speed through the line and power dragging opposition blokes the last 5 metres to the line. Yes, he dropped a high ball but simply looked dangerous in attack; Is he to be dismissed? He tackled as well as Tyrell Imo.
I do like Treigh but I think he's got similar issues to Sloan in defence. In the St Helens game he immediately followed up one of his knock-ons with a lazy defensive lapse at marker for the Lussick try. So he's got lots to work on as well, and on top of that he's even smaller than Sloan is

rasaint

Juniors
That’s true Victoire, Treigh had lapses like Tyrell.

Treigh is sHoeter than Tyrell but did you see the photo of him in the schools visit program on dragons website. I noticed Treigh has a strong muscled build and quite filled out. More robust but hey; let’s hope both make the grade at a+ level.

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade
If Mitchell is like Sloan’s older brother…maybe little brother can entice big brother to come help out little brother at the dragons? That’d be nice

Illusion

Bench
Denis

i think we just need to persevere with him this season...he's going to make mistakes but he needs time in first grade. Perhaps last year he was a bit immature to keep in first grade but he has talent and we just need to let that come through even though it may cost us a couple of games along the way...otherwise he'll be wasted talent.
Agree it's not like we are going to win the competition ,so yep perserve with the young blokes .......

Last edited:

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
Its time to pick and stick...its obvious we arnt going to be a threat to a lot of teams this year....we have to persevere with the Sloanes, Sullivans and the like...its fine moving the Mbyes and the Birds in various positions in our side to prop up areas week in week out but its not going to help long term.....for example I remember when Papps and Hynes got their opportunities with Melb there was a lot of errors early on but look at them now...