What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SMH Late Mail - Grothe out tonight

bartman

Immortal
http://www.leaguehq.com.au/news/news/late-mail/2007/03/29/1174761667420.html

Late Mail
March 30, 2007

PARRAMATTA suffered a blow with winger Eric Grothe yesterday saying he was unlikely have recovered from an ankle injury to make his comeback against the Tigers tonight.

"I don't think I'll be playing," Grothe said. "I needed a good week of full training before I played again and I haven't had that. I can't change direction very well when I'm running."

Tigers coach Tim Sheens said the team would be unchanged, adding that centre Paul Whatuira (calf strain) was also likely to be out of action for the side's round-four game against North Queensland.

Stagger eel

Staff member
come on Hages!! give the kid a shot at firstgrade Joel Reddy has had enough chances..

Stagger eel

Staff member
Jake the snake said:
But eeeeelllllllllllaaa INU can't tackle;-)

but he sure can score a try ;-)

A firstgrade debut on the wing would do the kid no harm and also get a feel for the top grade. Which i might add is slightly different to PL ;-)

bartman

Immortal
This would be the ideal situation to give Inu a go, I would imagine.
  • No build-up or pressure on him all week.
  • Reddy already selected in PL and resigned to establishing himself more permanently in that backline being there once Grothe's back, so no feeling hard done by.
  • Gives Inu a feeling of re2qard for his four tries, even if it's just for one week until Guru is back
  • And even if it's just for one game only, it could be a great surprise tactic - or maybe that was Hagan's plan all along by naming Grothe early (like naming Tsoulos early allowed Mateo his selection under cover?

eelavation said:
but he sure can score a try ;-)

A firstgrade debut on the wing would do the kid no harm and also get a feel for the top grade. Which i might add is slightly different to PL ;-)

He should be playing 3/4 in front of Ben Smith. Let Alone the wing position.

Nickeel

Juniors
Mascord in the Tele says Reddy will come in - whether you want to put stock in that or not.

Personally, I hope Krisnan gets his shot.

Nick

pazzaeel

Juniors
if reddy plays, we lose.

hagan is the only one that can see anything in him. its obvious that reddy snr has something to do with his continual selection. he has been terrible at best on that wing, even someone with no concept of rugby league at all would be able to see that. why cant hagan see it?

Utey

Coach
I will not be f*cken happy if Reddy gets another go, average at best. If Mateo drops off the bench I'll be disappointed and more pissed off if Lowrie gets another run.

emjaycee

Coach
Reddy will definitely come in IMHO.

Hages has picked the same squad for the last 2 rounds and included Reddy for Grothe in both these games when Eric has been unavailable. Any changes to that squad have only been because of injury.

He must believe that Reddy is the 3rd best winger (maybe the 3rd best back) available for 1st grade at the moment and so is the natural replacement for Guru. He obviously has Mateo and Tsoulos as his fringe forwards to cover any losses up front.

I am not against the idea of picking a squad of 20 or so for the first month of the season and selecting the final 17 from this. The season is long and unfortunately (and fortunately) injuries will occur which will see Mateo, Zeb, Inu and others get first grade time this year. Lets hope when they do they make the most of it and make it hard for others to get back in.

emjaycee

Coach
<UPtheEELS> said:
I will not be f*cken happy if Reddy gets another go, average at best. If Mateo drops off the bench I'll be disappointed and more pissed off if Lowrie gets another run.

UTE, if the Telegraph is anything to go by, you are going to be not f**ken happy, disappointed and pissed off. Reddy in, Mateo off the bench and Lowrie in #17.

emjaycee

Coach
pazzaeel said:
its obvious that reddy snr has something to do with his continual selection.

That's a BIG call - do you really think that Hages is picking teams based on family connections with the club?

Latest posts