What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SMH late mail June 8

Gronk

Staff member
Parramatta back-rower Chad Robinson is in doubt for tomorrow night's clash with Canberra with a groin injury. Eels coach Michael Hagan will give him until today to prove his fitness. If he is ruled out, Weller Hauraki will join the bench, with Ian Hindmarsh likely to replace Robinson in the starting side.
Canberra's Glen Turner will have a fitness test on his injured hamstring today, with Trevor Thurling and new signing Nigel Plum on standby.

http://www.leaguehq.com.au/news/news/galuvao-to-get-chop/2007/06/07/1181089238537.html

Stagger eel

Staff member
with the weather being what it is, it's probably best that we rest Chad and play Weller.

Utey

Coach
Bugger. Would've liked to have seen him back up last weeks performance.

hindmarsh4pm

Juniors
chad is a great defender and with hindy out, we will need him there to do the same sort of defence hindy does, if robo is out, ian and wags will need to step up

bradeel

Juniors
Agreed that N. Hindmarsh and Chad will be missed in terms of defensive workloads but I wouldn't think that Wagon could step up much more than he has been doing over the past couple of months. The guy has been outstanding both in defense and in carting the ball up when required. Hopefully he'll continue on tomorrow as he has been throughout the season so far.

tollgateadzy

Juniors
bradeel said:
Agreed that N. Hindmarsh and Chad will be missed in terms of defensive workloads but I wouldn't think that Wagon could step up much more than he has been doing over the past couple of months. The guy has been outstanding both in defense and in carting the ball up when required. Hopefully he'll continue on tomorrow as he has been throughout the season so far.

have to agree with your wagon comments. i reckon he is having his best bloody year ever ( thats my travis impersonation ) :lol: :D :lol:

Parra Guru

Coach
If it's a groin strain, the last thing you'd want is a slippery surface to run on. Rest Chad, give Weller another crack.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Chad has been great since he returned from injury, but Wellar showed enough on debut to suggest he will get the job done.

Phillips

Referee
Wagon's 01 yr was his best, he may be going good this yr but is no where near the level he was back then..

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Phillips said:
Wagon's 01 yr was his best, he may be going good this yr but is no where near the level he was back then..
Yeah in 01 he was 18th man for Australia in a game, i think.

Utey

Coach
Phillips said:

He's not getting any younger mate.

He just doesn't have the creativity to play 5/8 anymore. No need to diss.

Parra Guru

Coach
I'm not having a dig but I always wonder, considering he's played a bit at 5/8, why he never passes the ball when he plays lock.

bartman

Immortal
I don't remember that being a big part of his game when Smith made him play at 6 either, PG. Nothing wrong with sticking to what you're good at - as long as the coach plays you in the right position.

dazeely

First Grade
as a matter of fact any news on Benny, Finchie & Chad. At different stages throughout the week I have read they are all in doubt.