What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Snapshot at memberships to date

TruSaint

Referee
I renewed, we're supposed to support them through thick and thin right? What happened to saints having the most passionate supporters..

Well done.

I have no issue with you renewing. Many will.
But as I have said time and time again, a persons support is not measured purely with membership. There are a sh...load of people who love this club, and believe in a different approach. Doesn't make them less.

People are making a stand, ATM, and that doesn't diminish their love of the team.
As to us having the most passionate supporters, yep. That doesn't change.

Why should some pensioner, low income earner, regional fan be cohersed to renew a membership that offers them 4 games at best? Be it Kogarah or Win... Its BS.

Krispy, this is not a shot at you.
Its simple ... the board has sold out this club for short term gain. Promises made in late 1998 have broken.

Just my opinion... take a meat clever to it if you wish :)

Lethal25

Juniors
Very early days.

I personally have renewed on a 10 game membership, have also asked for better seating in the upper stand at Kogarah. I'm with two others so if we get better seating it's a sure sign of disgruntled members voting with their feet.

TruSaint

Referee
Very early days.

I personally have renewed on a 10 game membership, have also asked for better seating in the upper stand at Kogarah. I'm with two others so if we get better seating it's a sure sign of disgruntled members voting with their feet.

Let us know... would be an indicator...

tumbidragon

First Grade
Well done.

But as I have said time and time again, a persons support is not measured purely with membership. There are a sh...load of people who love this club, and believe in a different approach. Doesn't make them less.

People are making a stand, ATM, and that doesn't diminish their love of the team.

Why should some pensioner, low income earner, regional fan be cohersed to renew a membership that offers them 4 games at best? Be it Kogarah or Win... Its BS.

Its simple ... the board has sold out this club for short term gain. Promises made in late 1998 have broken.

f**king Amen to that brother! Nail-head n'all that. Great post ;)

BennyV

Referee
Very early days.

I'm getting the 10 game pass also, not worth committing to the games at ANZ but the Anzac Day and SCG matches would still be worth it...

Don't blame anyone for not renewing, but I hope crowd numbers don't plummet, don't want the atmosphere to die...

krispyredv

Juniors
Well done.

No mate I agree with you, I'm just renewing for the sake of the players who really need us to turn up this year. The fans give them tonnes of motivation when they turn up, imagine running out into a capacity crowd at kogarah or Wollongong With the crowd buzzing, or running out and only seeing open space on the hill and the stands half full.

I also understand people's frustration and the difficult choice they may make by not renewing. And I agree, all Dragons fans, paid up members or not, are equal in my eyes. I've nearly always been a member, but in pevious seasons where I wasn't I went to many games and paid at the turnstile. In other seasons I bought the membership packages and made it only to one game.

It's just life's circumstances for some, in my case being an out-of-towner.

More important then our paid contributions as fans and members, is how well things are being managed.

And that friends, is for mine, heading in the wrong direction, as evidenced by the figures.

FlameThrower

Bench
Seriously is anyone shocked by this, last team to release memberships, home games given away, rather complicated package options, very basic membership pack for the money, terrible 2013 season, dice Price campaign, Oust Doust reborn. I'd be surprised if we hit 10000 so that would be 50% drop on this years membership. Fans peeved off with a Board completely out of touch with fan feelings, but champions at cliched half marketing half truths....

Seriously is anyone shocked by this, last team to release memberships, home games given away, rather complicated package options, very basic membership pack for the money, terrible 2013 season, dice Price campaign, Oust Doust reborn. I'd be surprised if we hit 10000 so that would be 50% drop on this years membership. Fans peeved off with a Board completely out of touch with fan feelings, but champions at cliched half marketing half truths....

...yep - you could pretty much sum it up that way !

saint.nick

Coach
guys, the memberships were only released a couple of days ago. The other clubs started about a month before us.

cleary89

Coach
They were released a week ago. They did theres 2 months ago. f**k some people try to find any reason to complain.

saint.nick

Coach
of anyone's doing shit, it's the tigers, considering they're only on 3500 and they started a while ago...

saints4me

Juniors

Yep...understand all that. I didn't renew in 2013 after 20 continuous years (I admit) for most of the reasons above but I don't pay my game membership for the reasons above. I pay to watch my Dragons and show my support. I re-newed my package last Wednesday (2 silver packages and included ANZ) for 2014 even though I actually miss games as I work most weekends. I ususally give them to friends. Everyone has their reasons for re-newing or not. Not saying I'm right but the Dragons are one of my passions and have been for 50 years.
The many package options are confusing I do admit but I went down to the shop under the Kogarah Leagues club and had it explained. Much easier.

dragondad

First Grade
A lot of supporters are annoyed but the Club wants money. Nothing will change there. I agree, go to the shop and renew there. Support your team. It's easy to say that you won't renew and that'll teach ya, Doustie! I didn't take the ANZ two games or the SCG/SFS, the latter because I'm a member there. Still looking forward to Kogarah and Wollongong although the opponents aren't particularly exciting.
Unless you actually boycott the matches, what's the point of not renewing Membership? You'll still pay the Club through the turnstile and the tickets will cost slightly more as well.

jenninga

First Grade
All the feel good stories of late from players designed to push memberships,nice to hear them ,but don't take too much notice of whats written.

SEAT 1A

Bench
You can still purchase the local home game package or Kogarah/Illawarra only, which should keep the fans happy plus, the addon game at the SFS which you had to travel in the past as a Kogarah game.

That's only one less game at Kogarah, which is still disappointing however, at least you can take the other addon game v South's at the SCG.

There is still a membership option for the fans that don't want to travel. If the numbers stay the same at Kogarah and Illawarra it will make it harder for the club to move games away in the future.

Latest posts