What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Snapshot at memberships to date

TruSaint

Referee
You can still purchase the local home game package or Kogarah/Illawarra only, which should keep the fans happy plus, the addon game at the SFS which you had to travel in the past as a Kogarah game.

That's only one less game at Kogarah, which is still disappointing however, at least you can take the other addon game v South's at the SCG.

There is still a membership option for the fans that don't want to travel. If the numbers stay the same at Kogarah and Illawarra it will make it harder for the club to move games away in the future.

I believe the agreement for this 4 x 2 split is for a minimum of 4 years.

TruSaint

Referee
All the feel good stories of late from players designed to push memberships,nice to hear them ,but don't take too much notice of whats written.

Agree totally. A last ditch marketing ploy..
We should revisit this thread mid Jan:D

Ace-STi

Juniors
Just wait for those auto renewals to kick in early jan many members will do nothing and let that lock in

Penguin

Juniors
I'll be back.. silver family Kogarah ticket. I've managed to support them through worse times than this ...and no doubt worse to come again. I absolutely 'get' the general disappointment here, and wish we had some better Kogarah games on the draw, but I enjoy going (although I was well tested at the Panfers and Rorter Kog games last year), and am starting to take my kids along to indoctrinate them...and I can't wait to see Duges, Stanley and Widdop combining to put Moz away..again, and again and again..!

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade
There's no such thing as a bad game if the Dragons are playing IMO.

Who cares who the opposition is. As the long as the Dragons are playing I will watch with a keen eye.

It's always great to get out to Kogarah so support the team guys.

Through thick or thin

TruSaint

Referee
I'll be back.. silver family Kogarah ticket. I've managed to support them through worse times than this ...and no doubt worse to come again. I absolutely 'get' the general disappointment here, and wish we had some better Kogarah games on the draw, but I enjoy going (although I was well tested at the Panfers and Rorter Kog games last year), and am starting to take my kids along to indoctrinate them...and I can't wait to see Duges, Stanley and Widdop combining to put Moz away..again, and again and again..!

Thats great...
Love the way use slip in "indoctrinate", with Saints is more of a Baptism ( so say my son ). :D

Twenty10

Juniors
Last year f**ked us. Crowds were pathetic because they had enough of the rubbish performances. I don't blame the club leaving for bigger stadiums... People didn't turn up to local ground

juanfarkall

Coach
Last year f**ked us. Crowds were pathetic because they had enough of the rubbish performances. I don't blame the club leaving for bigger stadiums... People didn't turn up to local ground

Silly question for you..
If folks don't turn up to local grounds, what do ANZ and the SCG offer that is more attractive to fans (aside from a guaranteed financial return for selling off home games to the highest bidder) ?

TruSaint

Referee
Answer?
Zero / Zip / Zilch
Nothing at all. If we cant get people to OUR local grounds.. then we have a problem.

juanfarkall

Coach
Answer?
Zero / Zip / Zilch
Nothing at all. If we cant get people to OUR local grounds.. then we have a problem.

I will keep going to Kogarah but the club has reduced the amount of money taken out of my pocket by moving games to other team's home grounds.

TruSaint

Referee
I will keep going to Kogarah but the club has reduced the amount of money taken out of my pocket by moving games to other team's home grounds.

I get and respect that.
Some people have misread this thread. I will also go to whatever game I can.
This thread, was to highlight the potential downside in deceiving the fans.
Both Sydney / Gong fans have been rorted.
The JV commitment broken. Thats it. Many good supporters here have indicated
they will go the the games, others, as is their prerogative, will make a stand that justifies their position.
BOTH, are supporters.

Weipa Dragon

Juniors
Seriously I would give my right thumb and burn my old fella to see a first grade game with the red v. Either way I'd only have to travel about 3 thousand ks to all the Sydney games but the gong would get me on say 3100 ks. No games in brownsville this year. go to the games folks; support the boys just like the few of us in the middle of bumf()k nowhere do. Ill be getting my interstate membership for the first time just out of principle. Always help a good man when he's down and I think we are down. Hope we play hard this year and get some of you to cheer on the best club in the world.

hardbaby

Coach
Seriously I would give my right thumb and burn my old fella to see a first grade game with the red v. Either way I'd only have to travel about 3 thousand ks to all the Sydney games but the gong would get me on say 3100 ks. No games in brownsville this year. go to the games folks; support the boys just like the few of us in the middle of bumf()k nowhere do. Ill be getting my interstate membership for the first time just out of principle. Always help a good man when he's down and I think we are down. Hope we play hard this year and get some of you to cheer on the best club in the world.

I live in Arnhem Land and that is exactly how I view the situation. As a club our supporters are scattered so widely it does make it a touch difficult.

That said, we can't alienate our homelands. I don't think the situation has been managed well but what else do you expect from our current administration?

Weipa Dragon

Juniors
I live in Arnhem Land and that is exactly how I view the situation. As a club our supporters are scattered so widely it does make it a touch difficult.

That said, we can't alienate our homelands. I don't think the situation has been managed well but what else do you expect from our current administration?

Yeah there is probably a saints jersey sitting with a monks lair in Tibet. I feel gor the locals of our grounds getting stitched up. Would love to see say old george negus or John pilger to get to the bottom of the predicament that the front office is in. Hard hitting questions so all the fans understand a bit more about our situation because at the moment the decisions seem so ignorant they ate plain rude.

BennyV

Referee

...this guy!

I love this guy! I'll hit up the games for you brother!

Yeah... good inspirational perspective. Goodonya Weipa - cheers

cleary89

Coach
I get and respect that.
Some people have misread this thread. I will also go to whatever game I can.
This thread, was to highlight the potential downside in deceiving the fans.
Both Sydney / Gong fans have been rorted.
The JV commitment broken. Thats it. Many good supporters here have indicated
they will go the the games, others, as is their prerogative, will make a stand that justifies their position.
BOTH, are supporters.

So are the fans that just turn up in september. Obviously the supporters who actually support the team are the better ones.

TruSaint

Referee
So are the fans that just turn up in september. Obviously the supporters who actually support the team are the better ones.

Every team will have fair-weather supporters.
Those that dont really follow the team, but will go to an SOO or final every now and then, when it suits them.

This thread is not about those people.Its like a NRL club supporter going to the final of the AFL , wearing a Swans jersey, cause his AFL team is " Sydney". Does he follow the Swans, know the players, or even care? Its an event...

Latest posts