What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sneak peek at NRL SuperCoach prices

knights22

Juniors
1. Paul Gallen
$460,900
Back row, front row
Even under the new scoring system, the Cronulla workhorse is the most expensive player in the game by a massive $75,000 (Jarryd Hayne is next on $385,000). The big plus with Gallen this year is that he’s now available in the front and back row. The downside is that coach Shane Flanagan has vowed to give his star forward a rest in most matches.

2. Cameron Smith
$372,100
Front row
Whether you’re talking new scoring system or old scoring system, Cameron Smith is a gun either way. And with 40 trades this year, swapping Origin players out over the rep season becomes a more viable option.

3. Shaun Fensom
$340,500
Back row
While the new attack-oriented points system hardly suits a worker like Fensom, his big price tag suggests he will be a SuperCoach force once again. That said, with hit-ups under eight metres only scoring one point this year, a lightweight forward like Fensom could be disadvantaged.

4. Tony Williams
$307,000
Back row, centre/wing
Tackle busting machine Tony Williams is one of the biggest forward beneficiaries from the new scoring system, with his average boosted by 15 points. But with player worths adjusted to account for the new points allocation, the pricing gurus certainly haven’t missed the prized Canterbury recruit.

5. Sonny Bill Williams
$294,000
Back row
At just under $300,000, the most talked about NRL signing this year has hardly crept under the pricing radar. But while injury is always an issue with Williams (and there’s always the risk he’ll do the Harold Holt mid-year), the new points system is certainly in his favour. Put it this way: with attacking forwards prime buys this year, Williams is a good chance of outscoring Shaun Fensom – and Fensom costs almost $50,000 more.

6. Kurt Gidley
$227,300
Halfback, fullback
The former SuperCoach powerhouse starts incredibly cheap this year following an injury interrupted season where he managed just five games, two of them cut short by injury (he played five minutes in round two and 59 minutes in round eight). He is unlikely to play in his favoured fullback position given the presence of Darius Boyd, and injury is a constant risk. But it could be a risk worth taking given the leeway offered by 40 trades this year.

7. Robert Lui
$140,000
Halfback, five-eighth
Lui was priced at $219,600 last year, but only played one game before pleading guilty to assaulting his girlfriend and mother of his son Taleah Rae Backo. The North Queensland star was subsequently banned for the rest of the season by the NRL. He returns this year with a hefty $80,000 discount, but he’ll have to oust gun youngster Michael Morgan from the halfback spot.

8. Albert Kelly
$126,700
Halfback, five-eighth
The immensely talented but troubled playmaker is well in the running for a starting halves spot at the Titans following the defection of Scott Prince to the Broncos. Discipline is a massive problem (he was sacked from two clubs last year) but his $126,700 worth is a big discount on his 206,800 starting price from last year.

9. Terry Campese
$172,600
Five-eighth
Many SuperCoaches will have Campese in the “never again” basket following a horror two years that included two knee reconstructions and a serious groin injury. But those with long memories will recall Campese was one of the elite five-eighths in SuperCoach prior to his injury horror. He’s now lost the kicking duties to Jarrod Croker, but could be a high risk, high reward option nonetheless given his brilliant SuperCoach history.

10. Thomas Leuluai
$192,900
Halfback, hooker
Those hoping James Maloney’s potential replacement at the Warriors would return from the Super League at rookie rates will go disappointed. Leuluai has been priced out of the game.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/n...upercoach-prices/story-e6frfgbo-1226558869538

Walt Flanigan

Referee
SBW is a touch pricey for someone who hasn't played league for 4 or 5 years. Plus he's carrying injuries and we have no idea how many minutes he'll be playing. Looks like his priced is based purely on potential. Not touching him.

I'll probably avoid Gallen for at least the first few rounds. Will make a good front rower though.

I think Cameron Smith will thrive under the new system and will probably be my first pick.

Last edited:

carlosthedwarf

First Grade
I'm thinking of not taking Parker & Gallen. Sounds too risky to me with the changes.

Getting guys like Taylor & Mateo and using the extra funds for good halves will probably be better value.

Double fullback/halfback teams could be interesting if scoring holds up, but I think that it would be less consistent.

Guru_

Juniors
Some of the players prices are ridiculous this year especially players like koroibete and Jackson both being near 300k when they both have only played about 5 first grade games

Walt Flanigan

Referee
Yeah they've pretty much kept their price from last season and then been topped up to correlate with the new scoring adjustments. I'd imagine that Koroibete would have quite a few tackle breaks to his name from last season. A bit pricey for me at the moment but will be one to watch.

Walt Flanigan

Referee
Yeah I like Willie Tonga. I think Parra are set to improve this year and with the changes, I can see him going up a fair bit.

I don't think Gallen will suffer too much overall, I just think he's overpriced at the moment and will drop to at least the 400k mark. He gets a lot of points from the amount of hit-ups he takes but I couldn't say how many of them would be over 8m (really don't like that score change). Plus there's rumors of him playing less minutes this season.

Parker is at a good price and if he can get back to his best, he will be a real bargain. Definitely getting him.