What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

So close, so faraway

Manfred Moore

Juniors
It seemed that the rugby league gods had organised this year as payback for 81.

It wasn't to be.

I should have known better when i saw the ghost of Brett Kenny on the sidelines. It was a bad omen.

But f**k the boys had a fair crack and once i organise some therapy to deal with the loss i will move on and be better for it. Like true jets fans always do.

But it will take some time...

newtownbluebags

Post Whore
:lol: well said Manfred!....btw season 2007 kicked off this morning!....... ;-)
nj029_thm.jpg

Manfred Moore

Juniors
We're all hanging in there NBB...but it will take a few cans of KB to ease the pain.

But to walk down the road this morning (btw no where near newtown or marrickville) and have three different people stop me in my jets t-shirt and say 'go the jets!' and 'what a game!' and hows this for summing it up :

'i was going for them...they were my old man's favourite team..and i thought they'd died out years ago...good to see them still around'.

Maybe in defeat yesterday the jets still won something afterall.

LONG LIVE THE MITEY BLUEBAGS!!!

newtownbluebags

Post Whore
The spotlight did indeed shine upon us yesterday! The long term effects of such exposure will bear fruit, no worries there! ;-)

Totally gutted, I really thought we were going to win it. Oh well, sh*t happens. Definately reckon there will be a few more people at Henson next year as a result of yesterdays exposure.

greg

Juniors
The exposure has been fantastic. The articles in the Telegraph, the coverage on TV on game day, Tommys comments on the sideline, Gus's interview with Tommy, have all raised and hopefully in some cases re-awakened awareness of the Rugby League institution that is the Bluebags. To win would have been icing on the cake, however in hindsight how brilliant has this year been for Newtown. I might even experience what Manfred did when I next wear my Jets jersey or singlet or cap, a favourable comment rather than a confused look. It hurt to lose the big one, but I was one very proud supporter none the less.

girvie

Staff member
Bad luck guys.

Question: Was that Rory Kostjasyn's first Premier League game this year?

Stagger eel

Staff member
badluck guys keep your heads up..it was titanic struggle and easily could of went the other way.

you'll be there whne the whips are cracking next year no worries about that.

2 True Blues

Coach
We left the ground after our match, and whilst we were walking to P3 parking, we passed hundreds of people on their way to to the stadium. We couldn`t count the number who said "sorry" and "bad luck" to us. They were really being genuine.
:clap: :clap: :clap:

wipey

Juniors
yeah sucks.

but we had a good season, we weren't thrashed
only by one point.

gee it was tense
I've got teeth marks on my fingers

The Colonel

Immortal
2 True Blues said:
We left the ground after our match, and whilst we were walking to P3 parking, we passed hundreds of people on their way to to the stadium. We couldn`t count the number who said "sorry" and "bad luck" to us. They were really being genuine.
:clap: :clap: :clap:

Couldn't help but clap your boys, disappointing way to lose a game. Well done for pushing us all the way. Hopefully we can do it all again next year...

Alan Shore

First Grade
Nailbiter that one. Wish I could've watched but we don't get it in Melbourne.

Hopefully you go one better next year.

MadManMccubbin

Juniors
Bad Newtown. I cant help but feel if I had just yelled a little bit harder, wore some more blue or drank some KBs... Anyway its next year from here on!

This is the end of my first season following the Jets. I moved to a house up the road from Henson Park and have been going to every game I can get to (work dictating). I have never enjoyed Sat afternoons so much. All I could think about all week was getting down to Henson on Sat, sinking a few frosty KBs, a couple of pies and watching a Jets nail biter. Soon my wife was coming down and some mates.

Cant wait until next year. Whens the first game?

I'm still devistated at the loss. Couldn't believe that we could be that unlucky to lose to Parra like that, but that rugby league for you. All credit must go to Parra for taking their chances in extra time, shame that our lads couldn't have been a bit more patient and waited a tackle or two more before having a pop a goal. But then again, it's easy for me to say that as a "keyboard warrior".
Never been more proud of the club, or the way the lads battled it out. Both the PL and JBC teams are a credit to the club.
Maybe next year we'll go one better and finally shake off the "Parrasites".

Up the mighty Jets!

Latest posts