What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

So how does this get fixed?

Tiger05

First Grade
Still a loser.

Think: would Bellamy want this bloke?

No, because its all about attitude. And his is poor.

Bellamy will work with all quality players especially those he can get on lesser dollars. JAC on lesser dollars is a great player for Melbourne but they don't want him on top dollar. Same as Finucane. Same as Blair.

The top clubs develop good rosters via good contract management.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Hey Woodsy could come home, throw in a Dugan and a Moylan. They come cheap these days.

I will see myself out

Das Hassler

Bench
It's not his decision. We don't have to sign him. I reckon walking away from guys wanting overs is the best policy we can take to improve long term.

What are you talking about?.....you don't think his manager ran it by him first ?

Tiger05

First Grade
What are you talking about?.....you don't think his manager ran it by him first ?

Pretty simple. If he wants a massive dollar long term contract we should say "see you later". It's that simple. 3 years on top dollar for Finucane to me is crazy.

I'm sure his manager is running things by him.

Vozzy

Juniors
First of all they need to not listen to media stuff and cave in to what they saying. They keep saying it starts at the top. For the first time in ages Pascoe off the field has us in the black, he has placed Tim Sheens and Brett Kimorley in pathway style of programs, we have a centre of excellence being built. I understand it's been 10 years and Pascoe has made a shit load of mistakes but maybe the past 12 months he is trying to learn from them so unfortunately it kind of starts again and you have to start somewhere so fixing the club financially off the field to me is the right move. He is planning for 3 years from now which is something I know he should have done 3 years ago.

It feels like while our reserves and Flegg players have full potential we need to sign stop gap players with experience until the next group of Tedasco, Moses, Woods come through are ready. Unfortunately when a club has made mistakes for the past 8-9 years it takes more then a year to fix.

I was a tiger supporter and I agree we need a proper home base aswell so I'm happy to do a 9-3 split between Campletown and Leichhardt. If we can take ownership of the Macarther area we have the potential to be in a similar spot to Penrith and the St.Marys region.

I want heads to eventually roll(Pascoe/Madge) if by halfway through next season we are not seeing our own young talent coming through given more of an opportunity over the likes of players like Roberts, MBye and other players who seem to have no accountability when they put up poor performances while players in lower grades are showing potential that then sign for other clubs.

Mr Spock!

Referee
Bellamy will work with all quality players especially those he can get on lesser dollars. JAC on lesser dollars is a great player for Melbourne but they don't want him on top dollar. Same as Finucane. Same as Blair.

The top clubs develop good rosters via good contract management.
Bellamy won't take players with poor attitudes.

Neither will the roosters.

They go to other clubs......

Mr Spock!

Referee
First of all they need to not listen to media stuff and cave in to what they saying. They keep saying it starts at the top. For the first time in ages Pascoe off the field has us in the black, he has placed Tim Sheens and Brett Kimorley in pathway style of programs, we have a centre of excellence being built. I understand it's been 10 years and Pascoe has made a shit load of mistakes but maybe the past 12 months he is trying to learn from them so unfortunately it kind of starts again and you have to start somewhere so fixing the club financially off the field to me is the right move. He is planning for 3 years from now which is something I know he should have done 3 years ago.

It feels like while our reserves and Flegg players have full potential we need to sign stop gap players with experience until the next group of Tedasco, Moses, Woods come through are ready. Unfortunately when a club has made mistakes for the past 8-9 years it takes more then a year to fix.

I was a tiger supporter and I agree we need a proper home base aswell so I'm happy to do a 9-3 split between Campletown and Leichhardt. If we can take ownership of the Macarther area we have the potential to be in a similar spot to Penrith and the St.Marys region.

I want heads to eventually roll(Pascoe/Madge) if by halfway through next season we are not seeing our own young talent coming through given more of an opportunity over the likes of players like Roberts, MBye and other players who seem to have no accountability when they put up poor performances while players in lower grades are showing potential that then sign for other clubs.
Lol, we have a Centre of Excellence......

Look how that worked for the Titans.

You need to stop signing players who play in the bottom 8 clubs....

Kilkenny

Coach
TPJ or Dale Finacune I don’t think either is your way forward.

Maybe it is just me, but I went to Lidcombe Oval a couple of weeks back are watched you Flegg side carve ours up.

Perhaps our Flegg side is a little on the young side but watching the game I thought WOW there are some really promising players in this side. I was impressed and I watch a lot of junior footy. It appeared to me there just could be a few from your Flegg side who could make the grade.

The moral to the story is fans crave the supposed marquee signings and I understand that but for the lesser sides I’m not sure that is the recipe for success.

My team, the Panthers, current success has been built upon junior development. Personally, I would go down that path as opposed to recruiting the likes of TPJ. There are Liam Martins out there in the Campbelltown catchment area you just need to identify them, cultivate them and unleash them when they are developed.

Tiger05

First Grade
Bellamy won't take players with poor attitudes.

Neither will the roosters.

They go to other clubs......

Really. Like Matt Lodge. Or even Cameron Munster. Munster had a terrible reputation but Bellamy choose to work with him.

How do you even know what TPJ's attitude is like ? His attitude might be what we need. I don't know the guy so I don't can only judge him on the level he performs at when playing the game. He looks exactly the type of player that we need.

Tiger05

First Grade
My team, the Panthers, current success has been built upon junior development. Personally, I would go down that path as opposed to recruiting the likes of TPJ. There are Liam Martins out there in the Campbelltown catchment area you just need to identify them, cultivate them and unleash them when they are developed.

I think we have to develop exactly as you state but pick up players where we can. I think our biggest stuff up has been recruiting players on overs. I'd rather not recruit marquee players than get it wrong.

Mr Spock!

Referee
Really. Like Matt Lodge. Or even Cameron Munster. Munster had a terrible reputation but Bellamy choose to work with him.

How do you even know what TPJ's attitude is like ? His attitude might be what we need. I don't know the guy so I don't can only judge him on the level he performs at when playing the game. He looks exactly the type of player that we need.
Well if you need players from wooden spoon clubs that probably says a lot about your recruitment and why your team is the way it is.

I've watched plenty of TPJs games. He goes missing when the going gets tough.

Tigerm

First Grade
TPJ or Dale Finacune I don’t think either is your way forward.

Maybe it is just me, but I went to Lidcombe Oval a couple of weeks back are watched you Flegg side carve ours up.

Perhaps our Flegg side is a little on the young side but watching the game I thought WOW there are some really promising players in this side. I was impressed and I watch a lot of junior footy. It appeared to me there just could be a few from your Flegg side who could make the grade.

The moral to the story is fans crave the supposed marquee signings and I understand that but for the lesser sides I’m not sure that is the recipe for success.

Understand and agree with your point, but we are fixing tomorrow, we are now looking at today.

We have been in the wilderness for 10 years, we have the cash available, but we need players who will help us now.

No one knows if the 2 you mention will be good or not for us, I believe we have the nucleus of a good side but are just missing a couple of spots to give us the edge, you guys did it, we have to try.

Tigerm

First Grade
Lol, we have a Centre of Excellence......

Look how that worked for the Titans.

You need to stop signing players who play in the bottom 8 clubs....
Yeah good one, do you think we don't try? TPJ is a good player, your kidding yourself if you think he is not. A reset will be just the thing he needs. Finucane is not from a bottom 8 club.

Out of interest, what club are you with?

Tiger05

First Grade
Understand and agree with your point, but we are fixing tomorrow, we are now looking at today.

We have been in the wilderness for 10 years, we have the cash available, but we need players who will help us now.

No one knows if the 2 you mention will be good or not for us, I believe we have the nucleus of a good side but are just missing a couple of spots to give us the edge, you guys did it, we have to try.

If we can get quality players we should get them. Our cap is looking better and we will be able to purchase players. We just have to get the right ones.

BrotherJim05

Bench
All players come with risks and rewards. TPJ provides an x factor and can genuinely break a game open, whereas Finucane is a leader who leads by example and won't stop when the going gets tough. Then the downside is TPJ goes missing when the going gets tough and Finucane has been successful at a club who's players underperform when they move club.

I'm still keen on us signing both these players, but realistically our problem isn't our forwards, it's our abysmal, sub-standard backline.