What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

So I went and splurged on an Xbone today.

redvscotty

First Grade
Got a good deal from EB for $599:

500GB Xbone
Kinect
Dance Studio
Assassins Creed Black Flag
Assassins Creed Unity
Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare
Sunset Overdrive
Halo: MCC

Fired it up and am amazed with the sensitivity of the Kinect, absolutely fantastic.

Only 2 of the games (Sunset and Halo) are CD versions, the rest download codes, so have them all going tonight.

Sunset Overdrive is awesome! I don't think it'll keep me going much once I've finished the story but it is great fun with the different guns and the movement mechanics.

Call of Duty's first mission was fun but gotta wait for it finish downloading to continue.

Anyone else getting one for christmas and got any thoughts / observations?

Got a good deal from EB for $599:

500GB Xbone
Kinect
Dance Studio
Assassins Creed Black Flag
Assassins Creed Unity
Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare
Sunset Overdrive
Halo: MCC

Fired it up and am amazed with the sensitivity of the Kinect, absolutely fantastic.

Only 2 of the games (Sunset and Halo) are CD versions, the rest download codes, so have them all going tonight.

Sunset Overdrive is awesome! I don't think it'll keep me going much once I've finished the story but it is great fun with the different guns and the movement mechanics.

Call of Duty's first mission was fun but gotta wait for it finish downloading to continue.

Anyone else getting one for christmas and got any thoughts / observations?

Had mine for about 6 months. I have cod ghosts, destiny and cod AW.

So far so good. I am really enjoying advanced warfare. I love the new exo suit style play in multiplayer, it just seems to work perfectly.

My gamertag is Jorn084

Wato

Juniors
Pick ui the sunset overdrive white console bundle a few months back for $499 and it came with forza horizon two as well. I enjoy the xbox one more than I expected and sunset overdrive is probably insomninacs best game imo, I still prefer my ps4 but the xbox one is a great console. Hopefully they fix the master chief collection soon, as it am holding out on that till Christmas. Also for any xbox one owners Titanfall and all it's dlc is on sale for just $14 on the xbox store Black Friday sale.

natheel

Coach
i've got both PS4 and Xbox one. i play my ps4 more but i do enjoy the XB1.

Far Cry 4
Ryse: Son of Rome
Zoo Tycoon
Forza
Dead Rising

those are the games i've got so far

Wato

Juniors
I'm leaning towards buying a One, but I can't make my mind up.

PS4 or One? Tough choice.

Ps4 is a slightly more powerful console but honestly it comes down to what exclusives you prefer and if you have people you know on a specific console. The online infrastructure is pretty even too in my opinion, although xbox live tends to be a bit more reliable but I believe ps plus offers better value especially over the next couple of months with injustice gods amoung us and infamous first light being the free games for December and January. I do like that ps plus tends to offer some really interesting indie titles for free each months which are games I would not normally buy but I have discovered some great games through this service.

redvscotty

First Grade
I got the Xbox One because I've always had an XB and the PS controllers can go f**k a goat.

CoD:AW has surprised me a fair bit, but I've only ever played the first 2. Black Flag was fun just jumping off roofs and annihilating guards.

Got GTA 5 yesterday as well (Traded in Halo) and it took all night and part of today to install. I have a feeling I'm going to get home and it wont work :(

Frankus

Juniors
I had both a PS3 and XBox360 and last xmas got my PS4. Since I got the PS4, I have only played an old console once (PS3), and that was just to decide whether I wanted to buy the last of us remastered. I have a fairly decent collection of games Battlefield 4, COD Ghosts, Destiny, MLB The Show, Diablo 3, Watchdogs, Child of Light, The Last of Us Remastered.

I haven't considered getting a XBox One yet as many of the exclusives I am looking forward to are on PS4. Each to their own though. Also all of my entertainment setup - TV, Amp, Soundbar, Headset, Phone are all Sony so the integration is fantastic (can use remote control for TV to turn on PS4, or use phone as universal remote), although I am sure it would be very similar to other setups.

I never realised how uncomfortable the old PS2/3 controllers were until I used the new PS4 ones. I imagine it is similar with XBox?

Walt Flanigan

Referee
I got the Xbox One because I've always had an XB and the PS controllers can go f**k a goat.

This.

But I'll probably end up with a PS4 at some stage just for the exclusives. Maybe the next price drop.

Enjoying the XBox One though. I've got Foxtel running through the HDMI IN port and that's working out pretty well.

some11

Referee
Want a One purely for Forza 5 since there's no decent racing games on PC that aren't subscription based.

Generalzod

Immortal
I had to buy an extra external hard drive for my XBOX ONE some of the games take up a huge disk space...

Generalzod

Immortal
I want to go get the PS4, but unless it comes up with an exclusive great game in the likes of HALO, I stick with the XBOX ONE..

Wato

Juniors
I want to go get the PS4, but unless it comes up with an exclusive great game in the likes of HALO, I stick with the XBOX ONE..

Uncharted is the best series in gaming imo and the order 1886 looks fantastic as well. Halo was the series that really got me into gaming so I picked up a xbox one the other day to play them as well but I am quickly losing faith in 343i, the master chief collection has been a colossal stuff up. Personally next year I am looking forward to Sonys exclusive line much more then xbox's, ps4 has the the order1886, until dawn, uncharted 4 and Bloodborne that all look fantastic but I am also looking forward to halo 5 and tomb raider.

Pierced Soul

First Grade
I had both a PS3 and XBox360 and last xmas got my PS4. Since I got the PS4, I have only played an old console once (PS3), and that was just to decide whether I wanted to buy the last of us remastered.

did you get the remastered version? i got it on ps3 but never got round to playing it. wondering whetehr its worth picking up the remastered one instead of starting on the ps3. I still have dishonoure din shrink wrap :?

i always prefered 360 controllers over the ps3, buy f**k microtoss and what they initially wanted to do with the xbone (connect to net once a day, camera always had to be plugged in, no disc drive etc). i dont trust they wont eventually sneak this shit back into the system

i was just saying to my brother that the era of exclusive games is almost over. aside from a few franchises pretty much every game is available on every system. i'd be interested in the percentage, i'd be amazed if the exclusive content was more than 5% per system