What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

So, who impressed you?

philstorm

Juniors
Well, we all saw some of the best young Storm talent play the Dragons last night. They were valiant, but even that wasn't enough to get them over the Dragons.

Who did you like the looks of?

I thought Nielsen and Proctor were impressive - and Anderson had his moments.

Scott Anderson looks to have strong potential...he has the size and did not look out of place.

Proctor will be better for the run...tended to be second man in on a lot of the tackles and may need to bulk up a little ??.

Having said all of that..I think we will struggle against the Tits and Eels when we meet them.

We need to win one of these to ensure that we do not slip too far down the ladder when SOO ends.

AILD

Bench
tolman was almost the best for us last night.

out of the new guys, i thought proctor did well, scott anderson got invovled alot.

Noa

First Grade
- Kevin Proctor was good, he doesnt need to get much bigger, he looked very strong in the tackles.
- Dane Nielson was average, very skinny and got hammered every time he took the ball forward
- Scott Anderson was Ok, hopefully some other team liked what they saw and wants to take him and his some of his $250k off our hands
- Brett Anderson didnt get much ball but looked a better prospect then Neilson
- Liam Foran didnt get much of a go :x, but his service from d-h was alot better then the old man.

Dan70

Juniors
Hi all, new guy here! I reckon Proctor was great of the Bench, great prospect. Really disappointed Tomane was suspended for this game.

Earl

Coach
I think most of the younger guys did pretty well considering.

Steve Turner was very poor. I think the more senior members of the team let us down more than anything.

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
I wish the Olympics were very year. We only beat you in Olympic years.

Oh yeah & I wish the NRL would do us the courtesy of always scheduling our draw to coincide playing the Storm at Origin time too.

For the record I thought your boys did everything well but just didn't have the experience or the size to go with Saints, but you only need four of your blokes back from Origin in that side to push us very close if not win.

Can't wait for 2012. I'll go put the champagne on ice now in anticipation of our next win over Melbourne.

Tolman was easily our best IMO. Scott Andersen took a while to warm up, but his workrate was ok. Didn't exactly bend the line with any hitups though, just got put on his back everytime, but the amount of defence we did meant he wasn't on his Pat Malone there

Lucas

Juniors
- Scott Anderson was Ok, hopefully some other team liked what they saw and wants to take him and his some of his $250k off our hands.
How could he possibly be on that much money? I was going to say that I thought he was really good the other night, but if he is on that sort of money he was pretty 'meh' then.

I also didn't mind Aitken. If he is prepared to stay on the cheap, I'd like to keep him. Especially if Foran heads North like expected.

I hope to see a few others get a taste around Origin 2 like Kali, Miller and Tomane.

Lucas

Juniors
Well, we all saw some of the best young Storm talent play the Dragons last night. They were valiant, but even that wasn't enough to get them over the Dragons.

Who did you like the looks of?

I thought Nielsen and Proctor were impressive - and Anderson had his moments.
Nielsen was poor, you must be thinking of someone else.

Noa

First Grade
Was in the paper the other week Lucas.

Next year his pay will be $250K, O'Sullivan expected him to have blossomed by now and structured his pay accordingly.

sheet_ed

Juniors
Nielsen was poor, you must be thinking of someone else.

According to the Injury Report from the Storm Web site
Dane Nielsen (Right Shoulder) - Dane initially injured this shoulder last year, when playing at Cronulla. He has tried really hard to manage it with rehab, taping and bracing, but on the weekend it slipped out of joint more than once during the course of the game. He will see the surgeon tomorrow with a view to having a shoulder reconstruction later this week, which will unfortunately put him out for the rest of the season.

I thought he played OK for about 20 minutes of the 1st half - I think this accounts for the rest of the game.

In watching the replay Foran must play hooker in the next game and boofa out on the wing.

I could care less on how Proctor played - just to have our own "Side-Show Bob" will be worth his presence on the brench.

I thought the Brett Anderson played a good game but he needs to seriously add 10kg to play 1st grade. Tolman was the go forward guy and Scott Anderson was making up the numbers.

Scott Anderson was touted by people like Kearns and O'Sullivan as the next big thing - obviously got the talent but not the hunger. At the end of next year he will be looking for a $15K contract plaing on country QLD. He is one of those guys who realise when it it too late that you need to work for your oportunities.

boots16

Juniors
Was in the paper the other week Lucas.

Next year his pay will be $250K, O'Sullivan expected him to have blossomed by now and structured his pay accordingly.

Was reported as such but a little unfair on Anderson. O'Sullivan signed him to a 4 year deal and back ended the contract to assist with other contracts. The $250K is the amount for next season but it is the accumulation of a number of years salary rolled into one not necessarily a one season amount. This is the problem with back ended contracts they can sometimes come back to bit.

Latest posts