What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

So with 8 rounds to go who are the pretenders/contenders?

broncos2010

Juniors
I think the contenders are: Roosters,Manly,Storm - think they will come home strong

Pretenders: Warriors,Souths,Panthers

broncos2010

Juniors
Hahahaha mate you just can't let it go, can you?

Loving this season.

Trust me panthers wont life the trophy on the first weekend of oct stop dreaming, when crunch time comes in the big games in the finals you just don't have those marquee players that will step up for you.

rabbitohs95

Bench
Contenders: Manly, Dogs, Souths, Easts, Storm, Panthers, Warriors

Pretenders: Broncos, Eels, Tigers, Cowboys

Apey

Staff member
Beware the mighty Newcastle Knights. We comin' for the top 8.

The Pip

Juniors
Teams that can win comp - Manly, chooks and Souths.

Teams that can assist the above 3 by knocking one or two out - Warriors and Dogs.

Pretenders - Penrith

Others - irrelevant this year.

Sleep

Juniors
Manly would be heavy favourites about now. At full strength they're the best team in the comp.

Roosters look like they don't give a f this year and Souths have never really fired. Panthers are playing well but are in the midst of an injury crisis that could hurt their run in. Canterbury still lack creativity in the halves and have a weak spine.

Melbourne have had a bad run of injuries this year but once the finals roll around should be able to make some noise. Warriors are too hot and cold and are their own worst enemy at times.

Outside of that I'm not expecting much from anyone. Parramatta looked good at one point but are still a young team with more holes than not. Still a lot of work to be done. Cowboys have a good pack but outside of JT have absolutely zero in the spine and the backs are fairly thin too.

Dragons, Sharks, Knights, Titans, Tigers and anyone else I've forgotten are all trash.

Blues Riff

Bench
It's a close comp this year. Manly and Doggies looking strong. I'm happy to see my team up there. I don't get the term "Pretenders", you just play what's in front of you with the players you have available. We'll see what happens soon enough, no need to bag other teams and call it a prediction. Injuries always play a part.

The talk about Penrith being pretenders sounds very familiar. I recall similar discussions being had 11 years ago and we know how that ended. They've got some players who've been there and done it so I can't see why they can't win it all. That said I think Manly are the front runners.

If I had to do a power ranking

Front line contenders
1. Manly
2. Penrith

Up there
3. Souths
4. Roosters
5. Bulldogs
6. Storm
7. Warriors

Need to go up a gear
8. Dragons
9. Broncos

Slim chance, need to step it up now
10. Cowboys
11. Eels
12. Tigers
13. Titans

0.0% chance
14. Knights
15. Sharks
16. Raiders

Last edited:

betcats

Referee
It's a close comp this year. Manly and Doggies looking strong. I'm happy to see my team up there. I don't get the term "Pretenders", you just play what's in front of you with the players you have available. We'll see what happens soon enough, no need to bag other teams and call it a prediction. Injuries always play a part.

Im just happy that we are in a position to be called pretenders at this stage of the season. Usually we are one of the clubs on the outside looking in.

chrisD

Coach
Manly > Roosters > Long way back Dogs/Panthers

Still waiting for Manly to fall off.

Last edited:

t-ba

Post Whore
I don't rate the Panthers but f**k me it's like peoples memories in here stop in 2010.

Would not write them off.

I thought last year was our final shot with this playing group but this outfit seems better at its peak than the last.

Latest posts