What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Soccer trivia

owww!

ok, Which NSL clubs did these players LAST play for before they either moved overseas or transistioned to the A-League:

Nick Carle
Brett Emerton
Scott Chipperfield
Robbie Slater
Mark Schwarzer
Kasey Wehrman
John Aloisi

DB

First Grade
Nick Carle Was Sydney Olympic/ Olympic SHarks
Emerton was the same club

robbie slater did play for northern spirit but what im more looking for is who did he play for before going to europe, i asked the question badly, sorry.

chipper is right
wehrman is wrong
emerton and carle are right

yep, slater was at syd utd

other ones:

Schwarzer stayed at Marconi quite a while before heading to germany around 95 or so when he had long hair.

john aloisi played a handful of games with Adelaide City

and of course My fave Aussie player ever, Kasey Wehrman played with the Brisbane Strikers. He was so good in his rookie season, brilliant vision, beat players so easily, he used to go on runs where hed beat 3 or 4 and then lay it off beautifully, he had so much pace. along with hunter and farina, he was definetly the key to the strikers GF win that year. then halfway thru his 2nd season he got this bad ankle injury and didnt come back right after it, his pace was gone and he ran with a minor limp, his vision was still there, which is why hes still in europe, but he couldve been so much more. anyway gooooo kasey!!!!!!!!

just a quick one, im sure you'll get it, then you can ask lol.... Who scored the opening goal in the 1994 World Cup?

did they have the previous winner play the opening game back in 94 like they did with 98 and 02? ... i'm going to assume they did and say it was a german either klinsmann or völler

what was the aggregate scoreline of the two bayern v real madrid matches in the second group phase of the 1999/2000 champions league season and in favour of which team?

special one handed clap if you give correct scorelines for both matches

fuuuuck tough one for sure. this will be a total guess because i have no clue. pretty sure that was the season where real beat valencia in the final 3-0 and barca made the semis, but thats all i remember from that seasons champions league. but bayern played in finals either side of that season, so they were obviously very strong back then. im gonna go for all tied on aggragette (f**k worst spelling ever), and both games were 0-0 lol. i have no idea though

yeah that was the season, real ended up knocking us out in the semi final i think ... or quarter final

0-0 is incorrect ... i'll give you a hint, 10+ goals were scored in the two games

ok i have no clue so ill say 11 goals scored all up. bayern won one match 6-4 lol and real won the other 1-0 for an agg score of 6-5 Bayern

11 is correct

although you're way off the mark with the results

aggregate scoreline was 8-3 ... game 1 at the bernabeau was 4-2 ... game 2 at the olympiastadion was 4-1 ... both games won by bayern :D

f**k, good effort from bayern! take that figo.

In 1990, Argentina famously only won 2 games in regulation on their way to making the world cup final. 2 teams beat them also, one was Germany in the final, who was the other?

f**k you figo indeed :D

1990 would have been the tournament where cameroon did well ... i'm pretty sure they defeated either netherlands or argentina in the group stage so i'll say the roger milla cameroon side

haha such a guess but on that show sportsworld or whatever they play cameroon's road to success all the time so it's embedded in my memory

bayern have lost the european cup final three times ... twice to english opposition ... manchester united was one, who was the other english team to beat us?

Latest posts