What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Soccer trivia

oh sh*t i have no idea haha. arsenal were crap in the 80s i think and so were Man U, leeds never won sh*t. i think aston villa may have won a cup around 81 or so, ill go with them.

yessss the king of football trivia finally gets it on the 3rd attempt :p

who was the first player to put the ball into the back of the net in 1994 world cup final?

well if memory serves me correct it was 5-4 to brazil on penalties with baggio being the only one who missed which would mean italy struck first

i 'll take a stab in the dark and the only member besides baggio i think playd was franco baresi so i'll choose him

not a bad guess, because Baresi was the first guy to take a penalty, but he did indeed miss. kicked it straight over the crossbar as well. often forgotten. Marcio santos then missed also for brazil, finally Demetrio Albertini put the ball into the back of the net with a kick right down the middle. Evani was the only other goalscorer for italy as Baggio and Daniele Massaro also missed. that game still gives me nightmares haha. i remember going down the end of my street the morning of the final, decorating the street sign in italian colours haha. only for italy to lose. i copped so much sh*t at school coz everyone knew my fave player was Baggio. and of course, this was weeks after Andres Escobar was murdered in Colombia, so all the kids came up with a song, which they sang to me ALL the time. "Bang bang, baggios dead, 50 bullets in his head" lol.

alright, next question: in the 98 world cup, France experimented a lot with different forward combinations. of all the forwards, who was the only player to play in every match of the tournament?

i feel your pain ... i copped too much sh*t in 2002

well, if my memory serves me correct ... which it hasn't been doing lol, france had

dugarry
djorkaeff
henry
guivarch

i'm pretty sure it was the croatia game where laurent blanc was sent off and henry who was supposed to come on couldn't because they had to replace a defender but i'm sure he played in the final

i'll say christoph dugarry because i'm not sure if youri djorkaeff played the final

Last edited:
it was youri djorkaeff. only time he didnt start was one of the group games when i think henry started up front.

alright ill go again, In the 1998 world cup, Brazil were heavy tournament favourites. but they lost one of their group games, who defeated them?

i dont have a clue haha. i know one of the laudrups played for bayern, dont know if its michael or brian. only michael played for Barca, ill go with him.

ok i was thinking patrik andersson because i know he played for a german team, but i thought it was borussia dortmund, but wasnt sure on that. andersson came to barca with much fanfare around the time bayern won the champions league. besides that i cant think of any barca player that even played in germany before coming to barca. so if this is wrong, i have no clue lol.

haha yaaay. ok, i dont know how much u know about the NSL, but ill ask anyway, Name 1 of the 2 clubs that were "relegated" after the 93/94 NSL season.

massive guess and because i know SFA about the nsl i'm gonna throw three up :p

St George
Rockdale City Suns
Bonnyrigg

it'll be neither but that's my guess

Latest posts