What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Soccer trivia

Mark Schwarzer made a name for himself in 1993 saving a couple of penalties against Canada to put Australia through to the next stage of World Cup Qualification. But he was at the time the 3rd choice Goalkeeper, the other 2 were injured. Obviously, first choice was Mark Bosnich but who was 2nd choice?

The Wellington Phoenix are an overseas based side that plays in Australias domestic league. The Football Kingz were another NZ based side to play in an Aussie league. But, can you name the two Australian based teams to compete in a foreign countries domestic league and what leagues did they play in?

DB

First Grade
Leeds United in the late 90s/early 00s were practically Australian. But I know thats not the answer.

Big Sam

First Grade
I read recently that a team called the Perth Kangaroos played a season in the Singaporean League so that's one.

I know South Melbourne played in a comp in Singapore a few years back too but I don't think it was a league.

Misanthrope

Staff member
Here's a multiple part question:

- Who was the first ever A-League goalscorer?
- Against who did he score his first career goal?
- And against who did he score his final A-League goal?

nöyd

Staff member
carl veart was the first goal scorer in the a-league

don't know the other 2 answers

I'm actually surprised Veart played in the A-League. He would have been pretty old by then. I'm guessing 2 and 3 are the same answer. I have no idea who it is though haha.

cb4

First Grade
He scored his First against Newcastle and his last against Central Coast Mariners.

Latest posts