What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Socceroos 2018 World Cup Qualification Thread

Smack

Coach
http://www.news.com.au/sport/footba...r/news-story/7af751d7dbeeda3ae7a6c8ed7544ec0a

Here’s how the interview went:

Carrie Bickmore: So, Honduras. Are you going to win?

Tim Cahill: It’s a massive game. We’re looking forward to it. It’s going to be difficult. It’s never going to be easy and we’re excited.

Waleed Aly: I was very excited. I was so excited. I was going to get my tickets booked. I was going to fly over there. I decided to do some googling of Honduras and it turns out we’re going to San Pedro Sula which apparently is — or once was — the murder capital of the world. So, anyway, good luck without me. Do you think it’s a good idea that you win?

TC: It doesn’t matter where we go for us. It doesn’t matter. We’re there to win and that’s it. There’s nothing holding us back now. We want to go to a fourth consecutive World Cup.

Peter Helliar: So you beat Syria. Now you’re going to the murder capital of the world. If you win this, I think you play ISIS. But they’re calling you the danger man? The coach is saying you’re the danger man. They have to stop you.

TC: Well that’s good because, firstly, I don’t know if I’m going to get a game. I have to do well here (in the A-League). Get selected, stay fit. It’s a big challenge. I’m excited for it. It doesn’t matter where we play. There’s a massive prize at the end of it.”

lol

Danish

Referee
Given how much he bitches about it every time they play in Oz, Ange must be having a stroke at the quality of this pitch

BuffaloRules

Coach
This entire qualifying campaign has shown that Cahill excepted, there is very limited goal scoring potential on this team...

They should beat Honduras over this playoff, but it might save some embarrassment on the big stage if they are watching on TV like the rest of us..

no name

Coach
What's up with finishing up the half early?
Wasn't even at 45 minutes, let alone added time.

Clifferd

Coach
A draw wouldn’t be a terrible result but with how much we are dominating we should come away with atleast 1 goal surely

Smack

Coach
pitch is a goat track, we are doing well surprisingly. If we can sneak an away goal, that'd be great.

Clifferd

Coach
that’s 4 goals we should be up by now.

Yet we will probably end up losing 1-0 in the dyin stages

Latest posts