What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Solomona to England

eelman03

Juniors
Even though David Solomona had a year left on his current contract , he has signed a 3 year deal with English Club Wakefield.

ParraEelsNRL

Referee
well if he ever had any hope of gettin somewhere in football,i think it just flew out the window.great player that never lived up to the hype that surrounded him.in england he will just drop off the rugby league map.

sad to see him go,we could of used him in the game against penruff today.

anyway good luck in old england and make lots of money and have fun.

Parraren

Bench
Is this fact or just speculation? As yet I haven't heard or seen anything official announced.

Misty Bee

First Grade
I can't understand it. He has phenomenal ball skills - he is clearly first grade material - in fact,potentially on of the NRL's drawcards.

So what heppeed to the bloke we signed as the next Arthur Beetson? I always thought he pt in wellfor the Blue and Golds.

Sadly, seems like another wasted talent to ad to the list!

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Misty Bee said:
I can't understand it. He has phenomenal ball skills - he is clearly first grade material - in fact,potentially on of the NRL's drawcards.

So what heppeed to the bloke we signed as the next Arthur Beetson? I always thought he pt in wellfor the Blue and Golds.

Sadly, seems like another wasted talent to ad to the list!

I don't think Solomona has been that bad for us this year.........in the latter part of this year he was really finding form.....then he got a 1 week suspension and we haven't seen him since???........i find that suss???

Sad Loss.......who hasn't been as bad as many people have made him out to be as far as im concerned!!

Against the Saints....the ball he threw to put Richards into space.....if he wasn't there that ball wouldn't have been thrown...hence no try!!!

The Colonel

Immortal
Solo probably suffered from the changes in the play the ball area more and the injuries to Cayless and Hindmarsh more than anyone. The guy is an absolute magician with the ball in his hands but when Cayless and Hindmarsh went down the team needed more go forward from the bench as well as the starting side leaving Solo on the outer for a time. That and the fact Widders could play in the centres at a pinch made it hard for him to find a place. I was surprised that he wasn't picked in first grade after his suspension esepcially given his form - though Treacy, Peek and Heckenberg all warranted a spot.

he was all set to move to England last year until for some unexplained reason he decided to stay. His wife, utu, has family over there I believe and I think now that he has had a child he is looking more to family than footy.

Good luck tho, Solo ol' buddy, hope you tear those Pommies a few more holes :)