What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Some positives

Bigfella

Coach
Kicking game is now being done by our two best kickers. Massive improvement.

Defense has improved out of sight. Ryan Morgan personifies this more than any one. He and Casey largely did a superb job on Jennings last night.

Hayne at 6 Burt at 1 works far better. If seven and nine add anything to the mix we will go from being nearly a good side to being a genuine force.

Backrowers performed with a bit more punch lst night.

Overall we looked a better side than the panthers IMO and they will probably play finals

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I agree completely.

I think Hayne should stay at 6 for the rest of the year just so we can keep Burt in the spine.

Suitman

Post Whore
Kicking game is now being done by our two best kickers. Massive improvement.

Yep.

Defense has improved out of sight. Ryan Morgan personifies this more than any one. He and Casey largely did a superb job on Jennings last night.

Absolutely.

Hayne at 6 Burt at 1 works far better. If seven and nine add anything to the mix we will go from being nearly a good side to being a genuine force.

Completely disagree.
I think Hayne is totally wasted at 6. He needs space to attack, and he doesn't need to be lumbered with the responsilbility of running the complete show. He can do it in part from fullback, while still utilising his main strength which is his running game. Next year, he won't need to be in the halves.
Last night, he was no better than an average. He just doesn't get the space he needs. ie. last years exact match against Penrith.

Backrowers performed with a bit more punch lst night.

Absolutely. Even though Horo played a bit of the game in the centres, both him and Lasalo were excellent last night and continue to improve. They will both go ok.

Overall we looked a better side than the panthers IMO and they will probably play finals

I really don't think we looked that much better, but that is looking from the critical eye of a passionate fan.

Suity

strider

Post Whore
i thought Allgood had a good game last night also - seemed to make good metres and had to spend alot more time out there due to shack having less game time when he got knocked out

ParraSteve

Juniors
Played our best footy over the last 2 months and have only got 3 points to show for it, very frustrating. If we learn to play the full 80 we can beat anybody

Suitman

Post Whore
Played our best footy over the last 2 months and have only got 3 points to show for it, very frustrating. If we learn to play the full 80 we can beat anybody

..........when we get a half back who can control play and kick.
I'm looking forward to next year.

Suity

tresurehunt

Juniors
ive watched jarryd closely in the last 2 weeks, his fitness is really struggling , being in the line ,up and back all the time is very different to what he is use to.

i just wish he would realize that everything he does doesn't have to be a brilliant play, just get the job done.

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
If Jarryd stays at 6 and with practise the squad will develop and learn all the moves/tactics that will make this squad formidable as next season unfolds. With Sandow bringing his range of attacking and distribution skills the Eels will be a genuine title contender next year. Becoming match fit playing 6 for 80 minutes will make Jarryd a better player and this will greatly assist his composure as well. The intensity of playing 6 week after week will develop Jarryd into a front-line 80 minute big-game player. This is what our squad needs.

Tin Man 4.24

Juniors
I think Hayne should stay at 6 for the rest of the year just so we can keep Burt in the spine.
Oh yeah, you gotta have a spine. A spine is everything. Without a spine you're nothing. It's all about the spine, baby. If the spine is fine, the sun will shine.

Spine.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I prefer the term 'shaft'.

Fullback, halves, hooker - the shaft of a rugby league team.

The back-row is the scrotum, the centres are the testes and the wingers are the nut-fuzz.

The I guess the bench is the foreskin and the props are the the knob or something, I dunno.

CrazyEel

Bench

The back-row is the scrotum, the centres are the testes and the wingers are the nut-fuzz.

The I guess the bench is the foreskin and the props are the the knob or something, I dunno.
Sounds good mate, you and Caylo can now spend hours analysing and debating the merits and consequences of those concepts. I'm quite sure it will all make a huge difference to ... ummm...something I suppose.

IFR33K

Coach

Pretty sure we got a couple of good ones here that should come out of retirement. Refer to a couple of posts above this one.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Sounds good mate, you and Caylo can now spend hours analysing and debating the merits and consequences of those concepts. I'm quite sure it will all make a huge difference to ... ummm...something I suppose.

Yeah and the opposition tryline is your face, CrazyEel.

The dead-ball line is your gag reflex/back of your throat.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Okay I've got it.

The front-row is transnational corporations.

The halfback and five-eighth is Casper and his tinfoil-hat wearing mates.

The left and right edges are the two sides of politics, and the fullback is Barak Obama.

Then I guess the goalposts are the cashless economy while the crossbar is a compliant media? I might have to give this some more thought.