What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Some Stats...

Parraren

Bench
Scott Hill
Games: 14
Trys: 0
Try Assists: 5
Line Breaks: 4
Line Break Assists: 2
Tackles: 237
Kicks: 15

John Morris
Games: 16
Trys: 5
Try Assists: 7
Line Breaks: 5
Line Break Assists: 6
Tackles: 412
Kicks: 75

Brett Finch
Games: 16
Trys: 4
Try Assists: 12
Line Breaks: 7
Line Break Assists: 10
Tackles: 303
Kicks: 94

I know stats don't tell the whole story but Finch's stats in a struggling Rossters side aren't too bad.

newmanj

Juniors
Excellent Work Parraren. Finally some sense.

Welcome to the Eels, Brett Finch. Pleased to have you.

Hurriflatch

Referee
What about missed tackles tho

Finch may have made 303 tackles but if he missed 606 tackles it means nothing

number8

Juniors
How many games in what positions also must be considered as there are very different roles to played in each! His attacking stats are impressive but I would like to see error rates & miss tackles for each!

caylo

Bench
it also doesn't tell you if the player takes the right option, like mckinnon is up there with leading line break but has bombed every try prob... just like he did against the warriors when jeremy smith was in support. stats are good, they show finch has peppered th elines of opposition teams all year. a wayward pass here, and a mistakle can always be fixed... but it proves he has skill

number8

Juniors
They tell the story for the most part if all are included. That is flattering but very selective account of his deeds.

number8

Juniors
Not many of us can tackle ourselves jayjay!

This might come as surprise to one who wrestles his own demons but tackling yourself is not normal!

but i guess what he is trying to say is he isnt that bad....i'm willing to give him a go and make a judgement this time next year....

I just wonder what will happen to blake green...

eel4life

Juniors
Stats do not say the whole story but, if he can do the same numbers next to tim smith and smithy plays like we know he can potential is there for a good combination

parra pete

Referee
We know he cam kick a field goal...Do the Eels have anyone else as capable. We know he can kick a 40/20. Anyone else apart from Luke Burt?
He'll prove to be an acquisition to the Club..

caylo

Bench
you guys have paid out timmy for not kicking a 40/20... but he has a great kicking game, when in form finds open space more than anyone... i think turning a team around and tiring the forwards out is just as good a tatic... that way the opossition don't get a rest. beats the ball being kick down the throut of the opposition fullback

emjaycee

Coach
parra pete said:
He'll prove to be an acquisition to the Club..

That is guaranteed - it remains to be seen whether it's a good acquisition or a bad one though :)
For mine, I am hoping and thinking a good one.

Roosterboy

Juniors
Hurriflatch said:
What about missed tackles tho

Finch may have made 303 tackles but if he missed 606 tackles it means nothing
nah his tackle efficency is the best in the league for a halfback he is a great defender. He even puts people like Carl Webb and people like that flat on there back as you saw in origin

caylo

Bench
rossterboy, even the best defencive halfback looks crapola compared to backrowers like morrison, robo, hindy and wags. :d

grungle

Juniors
Finch's attributes: very good defender, often puts down blokes much bigger than himself.
Has an unhealthy propensity to throw inside balls often at the peril of his team mates.
Has very little pace compared to other halves, little or no elusiveness, not a long kicking game, comes up with at least one 1 metre grubber per game, a kick on the full in to touch and numerous kicks down the opposing fullbacks throat.
Guaranteed to give a couple of team mates a spray verbally every match, and if he feels his spot is under threat from an up and comer, he avoids them like a plague with the ball.