What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Something thats been puzzling me

SP

Bench
Theres something that i have been thinking about, and i think others would too.

In the case of Gower getting injured (lets hope not) or missing out on games due to origin ect

who would be our standin captain?

Priddo

Juniors
well i think it would of been sattler..but since he is gone....its most likely to be girds or priddo. the 2 most expirenced of our players.

SP

Bench
i was thinking along those lines too

or the player who does the most talk during training (other than the captain)

roofromoz

First Grade
Yeah, Girdler and Priddis would be the two obvious options.

I personally think that Priddis would be the preferred option.

*Sandy*

First Grade
LOL Big Mick. For some reason i cannot see Martin Lang in that role.

Going by last year when Girds was back on and Gowie was out due to his injured thumb (hand) it was Girds that took the role. Prior to that game when Girds wasnt playing it was Priddis who took the reigns.

Either way Priddis & Girds always play a major role with Gowie on field. My interest goes to more on our Rookies...which one do you think shows leadership qualities?

We know Joel can stand up but whoelse out of Swain, Rodney, Ross, Waterhouse, Lewis, Roons (did i miss anyone) do you think will develop these qualities?

I'm thinking Swain atm for his personality reasons only and especially if he wins the Lock position and maybe Lewis & Rodney in time could develop.

Fibroman

First Grade
The way the modern game is, the Captain of the team takes on a different role than they did a few years ago. The Captain is more of a face for the media, and generally has to be well presented and well spoken. Rhys Wesser might be the man for the job. He presents very well and is quiet, unassuming and very well spoken. He might be a dark horse ( excuse the pun ).

panthersballboy

Juniors
PK said:
Either way Priddis & Girds always play a major role with Gowie on field. My interest goes to more on our Rookies...which one do you think shows leadership qualities?

We know Joel can stand up but whoelse out of Swain, Rodney, Ross, Waterhouse, Lewis, Roons (did i miss anyone) do you think will develop these qualities?

I'm thinking Swain atm for his personality reasons only and especially if he wins the Lock position and maybe Lewis & Rodney in time could develop.

Definately big Joel Clinton he is a natural born leader. And I'd say will be our next captain when Gower hangs up his boots (not for a loooooooonnnngggg time hopefully).

STSAE

Juniors
fibro man said:
The way the modern game is, the Captain of the team takes on a different role than they did a few years ago. The Captain is more of a face for the media, and generally has to be well presented and well spoken. Rhys Wesser might be the man for the job. He presents very well and is quiet, unassuming and very well spoken. He might be a dark horse ( excuse the pun ).

Come on get something right, fibbbbbbbro.

The 5 most successful captains in the last few years: Johns - loves the media work and what a snappy dresser, Fittler - A true poet, Gower - See Fittler, Barrett - See Fittler, Lockyer - See Fittler.

Does the modern game need a Captain who is more of a face for the media, and generally has to be well presented and well spoken??

No, just lead from the front on the field. Priddis is the man for the job if Gower is injured. He took the GF by the ballz and won it for his team. He was injured also, presume had an OP post season. The other players would follow him, they did in the GF!!!!!!