What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Somone is not happy with thier star player

carlnz

Bench
The highlight for the Tigers were rookie Taniela Tuiaki's two tries and Benji Marshall's amazing flick pass for the first of those in the 31st minute.

But Sheens was unimpressed with his five-eighth, saying: "Add to that a few of the poor passes. Benji's got a long way to go with his game. I've said that for some time."

:oops: :oops:

Azkatro

First Grade
Talk it up ... Benji threw one of the worst intercept passes I've seen in a long time.

aussies1st

Staff member
It's the 2nd year syndrome just like what Tim Smith is going through. Doesn't help when Benji is injuried half the time.

salivor

First Grade
Whats the problem with Sheens' comments? They're spot on IMO, Benji hasn't even come close to reaching his potential, he's been plagued by injury and thus only has one full season under his belt. While he does some flashy things that defy belief at times, I haven't really seen him turn it on for the full 80 minutes yet (at least on a consistant basis) but that'll come with age and experience.

gunnamatta bay

Referee
when he made that try saving tackle he reeled away in obvious pain and I thought 'not the shoulder again' but it turned out he got a boot in the face which stunned him for a short time. sheens must have sh*t himself.

brooksy19

Bench
Sheens has said that alll along. In my opinion he was one of our best in an ordinary bunch, sure he threw a few bad passes but he had a go unlike someone else who won't be with the club in 07..... in my opinion is lucky to be in 1sts.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
Apart from that pass, he didn't do anything else much.

Sheens has always said that his game has a long way to develop, which is quite scary for the rest of the competition.

I am more concerned with Prince, who seems to already be at the Gold Coast on current efforts, and our forward pack (excluding Skandalis) who are playing like a pack of softcocks.

Nook

Bench
Prince and Benji both played well. Benji made a few stupid mistakes but that happens when you are playing catch up.

Nook

Bench
I'd hate to see what you think constitutes a bad game

They've both put in worse performances this year - round one for starters.

Prince offered more in attack than anyone else last night, he tried his guts out for the whole game.

The negativity is just mind boggling. The Warriors were on fire last night. We weren't at our best. It happens, its football.

Tap Twist Snap

Juniors
Prince was shocking his kicks were useless and he has no running game at the moment. Isn't putting anyone into gaps. He is ment to be running the show but at the moment he is a passenger.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
Nook said:
They've both put in worse performances this year - round one for starters.

Prince offered more in attack than anyone else last night, he tried his guts out for the whole game.

The negativity is just mind boggling. The Warriors were on fire last night. We weren't at our best. It happens, its football.

Prince offered nothing. His kicking game is atrocious for starters.

Marshall threw an intercept pass, knocked on several times etc.

It was a pretty poor performance by the whole side and I don't want to signal them out, but they did not have a good game.

Only Tuiaki and Skandalis had good games. The rest should have swam home.

We made the Warriors look like premiership material, without Steven Price.

Iafeta

Referee
Hybrid, on performances like that the Warriors could be anything. They are inconsistent though, the true test will be to see what comes over the next month. If this is a turning point, the Warriors attempts to rebuild could start to come to something not too bad.

On Benji, he looked very sus in defence. His shoulder can't be too good yet, the way he was scared of tackling little Tony Martin.

Nonny1980

Juniors
I really think you can put all the blame on the forwards. How many halves dominate when their forwards are getting run over the top and opposition make 50 metres each set with ease? I can only think of Andrew Johns.

mulvihill

Juniors
Prince can go to southport seagulls now and take his hospital passes, kicks to fullbacks on the full and whingeing mrs with him. He's playing like an absolute cretin and derailed the season before a ball was kicked with his decision to sign with Retired Victorian White Shoe Wearing Seagulls/Chargers FC.

Master Vippo

Juniors
Even when Benji does something spectacular, i think Sheens likes to talk it down to keep his feet on the ground. He never gives insane praise.